Issue with left edge of monitor display

I have an ASUS MG279 27" 2560x1140 144Hz monitor that I bought in Feb 2017. Graphics card is a 1080 ASUS Founders Ed. About two weeks ago I started getting an issue on the left side of the display. Best I can explain it is that it looks like water dried behind the screen, or like the torn page of an old book. Basically a wavy line that started at the bottom left of the screen and when first noticed just ran about 2" up. Line is roughly 1/4" thick, and the display area to the left of it has a slightly darkened color. At this point it has moved up to all but about 3" of the screen. It is not visible on all colors displayed by the screen. For instance, beiges and the default "Windows Blue" are especially bad and certain grays and gradients of white and black are fine.

There's been no change in the way it's been used. One thing I will say is that I work from home, so when I'm on their VM I set the resolution to 1920x1080 at 60Hz so the VM will allow use of both my screens. (The other is a native 1080p display and it doesn't play nice unless they're both set to the same resolution.) But that shouldn't make a difference. Otherwise, when I'm not at work, it's set to it's native 2560x1440 144Hz. Have tried to move to a different displayport input, no change. Have tried resetting the monitor to default, no change. My other monitor (native 1080p) looks fine with no issues. So it seems to be isolated to this one.

I'm hoping someone can help me, because I'm having trouble finding anything on a Google search since it's hard for me to describe the issue in terms of a search.

Any questions that might help, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance!

I've attached close-up pics but they might be hard to make out. I "drew" one so that it'll make more sense. 

Monitor draw.jpg

20180508_183413.jpg

20180508_183406.jpg

Some of the layers in the display panel are delaminating? Is it still under warranty?

5 minutes ago, Zagna said:

Some of the layers in the display panel are delaminating? Is it still under warranty?

Since I got it last Feb it should be. I believe it's 36mo for the warranty. I'll get ahold of Asus then. Hope they won't need a receipt, that's long gone. 

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I could have taken care of myself.