PC to HEAT your room

Simply use an overclocked fx8350 and gtx1050ti also overclocked on semi passive cooling and BOOM you have a radiator

• 3 months later...

In general my gaming Computer runs from 5pm to 11pm. At 10pm I have to open my Window for a long time and this is waste of energy. If I would save the Worm water in a Tank, i could save the Energy. And in the morning I could pump it in the system back. 

• 9 months later...

I would be interested in seeing a water cooled system with a built in filter. To see if the filter (restricting the flow) would have any adverse effects on the performance of the system.

• 4 months later...

1:05 The power for the fans goes 99.99% to heat as well. Friction of the fan blades contacting the air goes to heat as well as the heat generated within the fan motor. LEDs too! The light radiation goes to heat as well. I'm surprised not enough research was put into this.. 

That radiator sure looks familiar. Oh, derp, because it's an old video that popped up on my recommended list ha

4:40 Um, that's not Gordon Freeman with a crowbar, that is soldier Adrian Shepard with a Crescent wrench.

i know its a joke video, but if you want to heat any dwelling for very cheap, why not look into biogass/woodgas

you can get wood for free if you know where the getting spots are

if you just look around, people are always throwing out tree logs, wooden dressers, bed frames, shelving, skids

buy a 5-15k generator and build up the gasifier and you got yourself cheap heat

otherwise heating a room from a pc is irrational and not sane

but the joke is interesting

you could just setup a bitcoin farm with high wattage cpus giving off tons of heat

then you'd be making money

17 hours ago, danwat1234 said:

heat

• 1 year later...

For the record, this is not a joke video.  I was shocked when I saw the idea because I'm working out a crytpo rig and need to dump a ton of heat.  But I live in the cold regions of the world.  So a radiator that I can hose hot water too would heat my house in the summer, and I can set up the radiator outside in the summer.  Brilliant.  And thanks LTT!