Glitch and lag on Galaxy S7

Ryujin2003
Go to solution Solved by Airdragonz,

There are a few possibilities based on your description. Chances are, you have something running in the background (most likely malware) that's taking up the cpu. There's also the chance (and very very unlikely) that your cpu/battery is being heavily thermal throttled. And unless you have rooted or installed a custom kernel on your device, it is unlikely that your cpu scheduler has been messed up. I would just back up all data and go ahead with a full wipe. 

Before I just backup everything and wipe my device, it's become super delayed an buggy the past couple weeks. Everything from typing and web browsing is a hassle.

Apps don't open up quickly, typing is delayed, random vibrations...

Any ideas on what is going on before I just factory reset everything? I'm on the latest update. I don't download random apps. I don't game on my device. I don't troll random websites, so I don't think my phone is crypto mining...

I don't remember installing anything the same time this started happening. I've restarted, performed the built in maintenance, I've even deactivated all the default garbage I never use, and makes zero difference.

Any other ideas or insight?

There are a few possibilities based on your description. Chances are, you have something running in the background (most likely malware) that's taking up the cpu. There's also the chance (and very very unlikely) that your cpu/battery is being heavily thermal throttled. And unless you have rooted or installed a custom kernel on your device, it is unlikely that your cpu scheduler has been messed up. I would just back up all data and go ahead with a full wipe. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Tried installing an anti-virus or something to give it a quick scan (just in case).

The in built maintenance may not be as good at catching dodgy software compared to an anti-virus

@GlynDavies I tried scanning, and nothing seemed to catch anything.

@Airdragonz Battery usage seemed normal. But was constantly slow, and was absolutely horrible to use today. I did the factory reset on it. Wasn't as much work as I half expected. No root or custom OS or anything like that. Might've been malware, but not sure where it would have come from. But those things do happen. It's so much better now. It feels brand new. Thanks for your suggestions.