PC constantly/ instantly freezing after failed update

sterlingr

Walk back to my PC after two hours and it's decided to wake itself up and update, then get frozen on "windows is preparing updates". So I hold down the power button and restart my computer, then greeted with "configuring update" "please don't turn off your computer".

After a minute or two that completely freezes up. I wait, but eventually have to turn off my computer again as it was completely frozen.

My computer is now stuck with the same reoccurring symptoms. Half the time it will boot normally, then lock up on the lock screen or just after I sign in. The other half it brings up the advanced recovery screen (What happens when your computer crashes) but then freezes on that after a few seconds.

Is there anything I can do here other than a full windows reinstall? I don't really know how I would proceed from here other than that...

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, sterlingr said:

Walk back to my PC after two hours and it's decided to wake itself up and update, then get frozen on "windows is preparing updates". So I hold down the power button and restart my computer, then greeted with "configuring update" "please don't turn off your computer".

After a minute or two that completely freezes up. I wait, but eventually have to turn off my computer again as it was completely frozen.

My computer is now stuck with the same reoccurring symptoms. Half the time it will boot normally, then lock up on the lock screen or just after I sign in. The other half it brings up the advanced recovery screen (What happens when your computer crashes) but then freezes on that after a few seconds.

Is there anything I can do here other than a full windows reinstall? I don't really know how I would proceed from here other than that...

Thanks 

Can you boot to safe mode?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Can you boot to safe mode?

Haven't been able to yet. Can't get into windows long enough to do a safe boot restart and the advanced recovery option screen crashes before I can do anything. Is there any other way to get into safe mode?

47 minutes ago, sterlingr said:

Haven't been able to yet. Can't get into windows long enough to do a safe boot restart and the advanced recovery option screen crashes before I can do anything. Is there any other way to get into safe mode?

I don't know what OS you are using. F8 works for Windows 7 and below.

For Win10...you'd have to google it (i don't use Win10 so I don't know)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.