Case Airlfow

HristoBB

Hey guys i have build my computer inside a Segotep K7 case which comes with 3 RGB fans in the front that are directly connected into fan controller which then connects to Power supply. 
However i have installed 3 more int he back side .2 at top and 1 on the back for exhaust.The front ones are set to the high speed setting but still i have negative pressure inside the system and a lot of dust is getting inside. 
Can i revert the fan on the back to pull air in instead of out? Will it help me balance the things a little bit.
Also none of the fans are filtered.

CASEPSEGOTEPSGK7BK_680x680.jpg

How does the air even access the front fans? No doubt that you have a negative pressure. Use top and bottom as intake, rear as exhaust.

The gap between the front window is greater than on the side windows promoting some airflow but i still think that it's highly reatrictive and purely in favor of sleek design. 

are there filters even?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I believe there is only one filter and it is on the bottom where the Power Supply is.So i guess that has nothing to do with the rest of the airflow.
And when i got it for the 1st time there was a filter on the top side that was filtering the air that was going out so i thought that's useless and i removed it. 

36 minutes ago, HristoBB said:

I believe there is only one filter and it is on the bottom where the Power Supply is.So i guess that has nothing to do with the rest of the airflow.
And when i got it for the 1st time there was a filter on the top side that was filtering the air that was going out so i thought that's useless and i removed it. 

well, because they restricted the airflow so much in the front, it is likely that they intended the top to be an intake aswell, so they filtered it. 

i have somewhat of the same situation in my InWin 301, tough with the bottom being the only intake and the front+back being exhaust.

Dust will get in if intakes aren't filtered regardless of whether the case has positive or negative airflow. If you want to keep dust out, use the filtered top as intake instead or get filters for the front.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think i'm going with the dust filters in the front which will further reduce the airflow,promoting more negative pressure.

1 hour ago, HristoBB said:

I think i'm going with the dust filters in the front which will further reduce the airflow,promoting more negative pressure.

You can run intakes at a higher rpm compared to exhausts for positive pressure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You can run intakes at a higher rpm compared to exhausts for positive pressure.

They are currently at the highest speed atleast highest without making too much noise.the back fans are just some generic led ones and still it's making negative pressure.

5 hours ago, HristoBB said:

They are currently at the highest speed atleast highest without making too much noise.the back fans are just some generic led ones and still it's making negative pressure.

How are you determining that the pressure is negative?

Smoke test with burning paper :D it's sucking the smoke from every open hole.

You can lower the exhaust fan speeds if you want positive airflow. If that hampers cooling too much, you may need to get better fans.