PotPlayer Extensive Guide For Best Video Quality

Why when I click the 3 dots next to Madshi Video Renderer absolutely nothing happens?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Light-Yagami

Thank you so much  BUT I still need some help please

I go to section 2 and I cant find this  ///    MadVR  ///

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, spink9017 said:

@Light-Yagami

Thank you so much  BUT I still need some help please

I go to section 2 and I cant find this  ///    MadVR  ///

thank you

Sorry for the late reply. This post is 4 years old and PotPlayer has been revamped completely since then. New, better hardware accelerating features have been added and some have been taken out. I might get to updating the post some time, but since I've since switched to macOS completely, it might not apply to everyone since macOS uses different APIs by default. 

Despite the post's age, most of the stuff holds its value to this day though.. It's merely some of the codecs and upscaling algorithms that have changed. I'll try and update the guide in the near future.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, Light-Yagami said:

Sorry for the late reply. This post is 4 years old and PotPlayer has been revamped completely since then. New, better hardware accelerating features have been added and some have been taken out. I might get to updating the post some time, but since I've since switched to macOS completely, it might not apply to everyone since macOS uses different APIs by default. 

Despite the post's age, most of the stuff holds its value to this day though.. It's merely some of the codecs and upscaling algorithms that have changed. I'll try and update the guide in the near future.

What video player are you using on macOS as an alternative to PotPlayer?

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone.

Newbie on this Forum, but not in this field. 🙂

On 7/30/2018 at 11:02 AM, J.b091 said:

I've been using this player since it came out and I agree with you, it's strongest player I ever seen for Windows in my opinion with a LOT options & nice interface.

@J.b091 Same here. Everything you said +1.

It also have some of the HW decoding options that VLC and MPC dos not.

If I'm not mistaken, what was then Daum Communications (now Kakao) acquired some of the developers that worked on GOM player, to form a team that built PotPlayer.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:17 AM, gorditogr said:

Still washed out 

@gorditogr The solution should be quite straight-forward:

Change Pixel Shader Setting under Video -> Pixel Shaders: just check the box in front of the Enable SMPTE ST 2084 HDR Correction value, like this:

Screenshot2023-10-17153608.png.10c9521171abed98f8f8c79a4058d81a.png

Note: If somebody doesn't have HDR-capable screen, they should probably uncheck the third box (Enable SMPTE ST 2086 HDR Correction) because some scenes can be quite dark (in some titles).

On 12/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, Sarimner said:

Can´t somone just make a preset and share it? ??

That would be great, but the Settings are system-related (computer and screen), so it wouldn't work in everybody's case.

If I catch some spare time I can post my findings, as I test with different setups and screens.

• 1 month later...

any way we can get an update on this? A lot of the settings have changed. Some things aren't there any more, some new things added.