Forum members sponsored?

RollTime

Stupid question time!

So I've noticed in the Build Logs section that some of the logs (usually the more extravagant ones) have logos of companies such as EKWB, ASUS ROG, etc. in their promotional material. Is this a sponsorship of some sort, as in they're getting some parts for free? Or is it just a way to look cooler in promo materials?

I've never heard of a forum member getting sponsored, but maybe I'm wrong?

it's time

sometimes for competitions, the logos have to be shown to qualify.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

sometimes for competitions, the logos have to be shown to qualify.

Here's this build:

No competition. 

it's time

1 minute ago, RollTime said:

Here's this build:

No competition. 

Why don't you ask @neSSa directly?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Why don't you ask @neSSa directly?

Shit u rite. @neSSa what's the story behind the logos in your promo materials?

it's time

Personally, if I were sponsored I'd be cool about it...cool like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212, click the link in the comment description.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

i imagine that they are proffesional modders who use forums like this one and many other ones to spread their work as opposed to forum members who get sponsored for their personal builds

3 minutes ago, Sombra said:

i imagine that they are proffesional modders who use forums like this one and many other ones to spread their work as opposed to forum members who get sponsored for their personal builds

That's probably true.

it's time

I imagine that if someone started building nice rigs years ago and shared their progress on sites like LTT, OCN and maybe even reddit, they got "scouted" by business reps from the companies and got offered some deals.

Probably some people even got offers to build a rig specifically for showcasing on shows like PAX or Computex - someone has to make them, after all.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

11 minutes ago, RollTime said:

That's probably true.

It really depends, sometimes it's to qualify for a contest, other times companies have supplied parts but want exposure for them, also many times these may be individual who the company has contacted to build something for them and have to ship the build out to them for a show.

Then there are people who just put the logos on for no reason. I've wondered this before but these are really the options. Often times these people do build logs of pics they send to shows and the build logs is just something they enjoy doing.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

45 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

It really depends, sometimes it's to qualify for a contest, other times companies have supplied parts but want exposure for them, also many times these may be individual who the company has contacted to build something for them and have to ship the build out to them for a show.

Then there are people who just put the logos on for no reason. I've wondered this before but these are really the options. Often times these people do build logs of pics they send to shows and the build logs is just something they enjoy doing.

I see, thanks.

it's time

I might be reading your initial question wrong, but it felt as if you were asking if the forum is sponsoring people directly

If that's the question, then no the LTT forum isn't sending out parts. Whether the companies are sponsoring the projects you would want to talk to the individual. Try messaging them instead of tagging, some people get close to a hundred notifications a day and might not see yours.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 hour ago, RollTime said:

I'm with @Jtalk4456. That's completely wrong way to talk about this. We all are here as individuals unless we have badge to show otherwise. Meaning that only people who are labelled as Industry Affiliates are representing something else than just themselves (plus LMG staff ofc). LMG, nor sponsors directly working with LMG, sponsor anyone. Those who gain sponsored parts work with their local contacts, stores and whatnot to gain deals and contracts. Some have social media to promote their work, some go to competitions. Some get hired by companies to create promo pieces for game, movie or other style of launch events. Take Intel Extreme Rig Challenge for example. Thats Intel sponsoring bunch of people. But while some of those guys may roam here, it doesn't mean that they are like anybody else on forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@RollTime 

I have just seen these messages about me, so I'm answering now. I'm one of the pro modders on Balkan who is cooperating with companies which make hardware. They are my sponsors and they help me with projects and ideas. As a thank you for their sponsorship I like to implement their logo on the project but that's not necessary. Yet again, when projects are displayed on fairs, it's very important for companies that their logo is shown. To conclude, I'm not sponsored by any forums, I get the support for projects directly from hardware and cooling system manufacturers.

BR neSSa :)

1 hour ago, neSSa said:

@RollTime 

I have just seen these messages about me, so I'm answering now. I'm one of the pro modders on Balkan who is cooperating with companies which make hardware. They are my sponsors and they help me with projects and ideas. As a thank you for their sponsorship I like to implement their logo on the project but that's not necessary. Yet again, when projects are displayed on fairs, it's very important for companies that their logo is shown. To conclude, I'm not sponsored by any forums, I get the support for projects directly from hardware and cooling system manufacturers.

BR neSSa :)

Thanks!

it's time