Why is my PC warming up my whole room?

Catch22

my PC has been warming up my whole room for a little bit now, and heading into Summer i thought i should stop procrastinating. here are the important specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700x overclocked to 3.9 Ghz (depending on what I need)

Gpu: Nvidia GTX 1070 FE

A240g water cooling kit for both the CPU and GPU.

MotherBoard: X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard

PSU: Supernova 750 B2 Wattage: 750 80+ Bronze.

Chassis: Razer edition H440.

Case Fans: F3 120 1850 RPM (X4)

At first I thought it was maybe the fact my PC is on the floor and against a wall? bad airflow possibly? but I flipped the back and front of the case to the sides, (counter-clock wise) but I also have the PSU fan facing downward so I thought THAT might be the issue, so i put a wood board under it, so it would have a surface to bounce of off, instead of sinking in the carpet, still having trouble, the ONLY thing I can think of is that the bad efficiency of the PSU is heating it? also side note: my thermals are fine, i get 49C peak on my GPU, and 51C for the CPU, please help!

Well the PC components generate heat, the heat must dissipate somewhere (i.e. the air of your room). 

So unless you put the radiators outside of your room, the heat will still dissipate in there. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

You're dumping 300w~ of heat into your room, so it makes perfect sense that your room would get hotter (how much hotter will depend on the physical size of the room, the airflow in and out of the room, and the strength of the cooling solution for your room).

Also it doesn't matter if the computer is getting good airflow or not or if the components are running cool, either way it's dumping the same 150-300w~ (depending on load) of heat into the room.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The better the "cooling" and airflow in your PC, the more it will heat up the room. Technically, your PC isn't actually being cooled, heat is just being dissipated and moved away from components, then out of the case into the room. The better your cooling system is at disappointing heat, the higher the percentage of heat generated by components is moved from the components into the air of your room.

thanks for all the feedback! I am aware that when energy is created, so is heat, but it becomes uncomfortable at times and i was wondering if there was any way to dissipate it faster? if there isnt thats fine.

2 minutes ago, Catch22 said:

thanks for all the feedback! I am aware that when energy is created, so is heat, but it becomes uncomfortable at times and i was wondering if there was any way to dissipate it faster? if there isnt thats fine.

You need to dissipate the heat from the room, not from the computer -- so you need a fan/ac for your room, you need to put the computer outside of your room, or you can downclock everything.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The Laws of Thermodynamics... this is how they do their stuff!

14 minutes ago, Catch22 said:

Simply opening windows and doors or using a fan to move air between rooms will increase the effective heat sink and result in a lower temperature.

20 minutes ago, Catch22 said:

As said you need promote airflow through the room itself to help remove the heat and bring in fresh air.

You're not alone, even my room gets pretty toasty during the summer because of the three computers in it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

48 minutes ago, Catch22 said:

my PC has been warming up my whole room for a little bit now, and heading into Summer i thought i should stop procrastinating. here are the important specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700x overclocked to 3.9 Ghz (depending on what I need)

Gpu: Nvidia GTX 1070 FE

A240g water cooling kit for both the CPU and GPU.

MotherBoard: X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard

PSU: Supernova 750 B2 Wattage: 750 80+ Bronze.

Chassis: Razer edition H440.

Case Fans: F3 120 1850 RPM (X4)

At first I thought it was maybe the fact my PC is on the floor and against a wall? bad airflow possibly? but I flipped the back and front of the case to the sides, (counter-clock wise) but I also have the PSU fan facing downward so I thought THAT might be the issue, so i put a wood board under it, so it would have a surface to bounce of off, instead of sinking in the carpet, still having trouble, the ONLY thing I can think of is that the bad efficiency of the PSU is heating it? also side note: my thermals are fine, i get 49C peak on my GPU, and 51C for the CPU, please help!

look m8 the law of [i forgot, please insert name here] says that energy (the heat in this case) cannot be created nor destroyed, it can only transform,so  that means the heat has to either stay , dissipate or transform into another type of energy, and if your entire room is at the same temperature, then it cant get colder unless there is hot air going out of your room and more cold air for the heat to go into, a tip i can give you is maybe underclock a bit that 1700x [to factory clock speed] you got and get a bigger cooler, so the more heat can be stored in the cooler for longer before it goes out into the air, also get a fan and put it in the window (if any) or open the door to your room and put the fan there, or even better, turn on the ac and keep the fans there, so air circulates the way it does in your pc case