Did I get scammed?

I bought a Bluetooth dongle from an online website, When I received it, My PC marked it as a 1 gig flashdrive. It has 6 music files in it each about 16 hours. In the device manager it appears under disk drives. Did I get scammed?

image.png

Just now, Jstone said:

What website? and tbh yea it looks like you did. What are you trying to do with the dongle?

The website was souq.com and I want to connect my Headphones to it

Just now, Classifier_66 said:

The website was souq.com and I want to connect my Headphones to it

then yes yes you have you want to go to amazon. You may pay more but you will know if it is good or not.

1 minute ago, Jstone said:

then yes yes you have you want to go to amazon. You may pay more but you will know if it is good or not.

He DID buy it from Amazon. Souq.com is a Amazon owned company for the Middle East. 

Wait what does it even look like? Was it in original packaging or opened? Could be a customer return and they returned a USB, but store resold it as blutooth dongle by mistake.

Though also likely the store is just useless!

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

He DID buy it from Amazon. Souq.com is a Amazon owned company for the Middle East. 

I did not know that wonder what type of headphones he has

When I turn on my iPhone, it detects the Bluetooth dongle and it is named "BT Dongle". When I play something on it, nothing plays on my PC.

16 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Wait what does it even look like? Was it in original packaging or opened? Could be a customer return and they returned a USB, but store resold it as blutooth dongle by mistake.

Though also likely the store is just useless!

It came in packaging and it looks like a normal square USB with a red light flashing inside it

16 minutes ago, Jstone said:

I did not know that wonder what type of headphones he has

I have a boAt rockerz 600

12 minutes ago, Classifier_66 said:

My PC marked it as a 1 gig flashdrive. It has 6 music files in it each about 16 hours. In the device manager it appears under disk drives. Did I get scammed?

Look at it this way; you just got yourself a 1GB flash drive and 96 hours of free music.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Jstone said:

Nope. This is what I bought.

Also I did not buy the headphones along with the Dongle.

Just now, Classifier_66 said:

then the next thing you will want to do is contact the manufacturer of the headphones and ask what they recommend or if they sell something to do what you are wanting

3 minutes ago, Jstone said:

then the next thing you will want to do is contact the manufacturer of the headphones and ask what they recommend or if they sell something to do what you are wanting

The headphone aren't the problem, the 'bluetooth dongle' is.

5 minutes ago, Classifier_66 said:

That product looks sketchy as hell. Yeah, it's likely fake.

Just now, TechyBen said:

Drivers? It might be a driver problem.

How do I install drivers on it? It is on disk drives in the device manager

Go to Device Manager. Uninstall drivers. Try windows "search for driver" from Device Manager.

What version of Windows? 10?

3 minutes ago, MotionFlex said:

The headphone aren't the problem, the 'bluetooth dongle' is.

That product looks sketchy as hell. Yeah, it's likely fake.

but contacting the manufacturer you could get the dongle they recommend for this headphones 

3 minutes ago, Jstone said:

but contacting the manufacturer you could get the dongle they recommend for this headphones 

It doesn't matter what they recommend. It's just bluetooth headphone, which should work with any bluetooth-enabled device, that being a bluetooth dongle or the bluetooth in your phone/laptop. If a 'bluetooth' device requires a special dongle, it's probably not bluetooth.

But that's not even the point. It is more than likely that this 'bluetooth dongle' isn't a bluetooth dongle at all.

I mean the description has typos, and the picture looks sketchy, to begin with.

FEATURES:

1:PLUG THIS DONGLE IN THE USB PORT U WANT TO CONNECT WITH.

2:TURN ON THE DEVICE TO USB MODE.

3:NOW SWITCH ON BLUETOOTH FUNCTION IN YOUR MOBLIE/IPAD/TABLET.

4:PAIR IT SUCCESSFULLY AND PALY THE SONGS U WANT.

Ps.: What kind of sings did it have?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 minute ago, MotionFlex said:

It doesn't matter what they recommend. It's just bluetooth headphone, which should work with any bluetooth-enabled device, that being a dongle or the bluetooth in your phone/laptop. If a 'bluetooth' device requires a special dongle, it's probably not bluetooth.

BUT they have probably tested it with this dongle or others and could point you in the right direction. Logitech has special dongles for their devices and as such you need to get them and technically they do have Bluetooth keyboards which some require the dongle so I dont see your point 

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

I mean the description has typos, and the picture looks sketchy, to begin with.

FEATURES:

1:PLUG THIS DONGLE IN THE USB PORT U WANT TO CONNECT WITH.

2:TURN ON THE DEVICE TO USB MODE.

3:NOW SWITCH ON BLUETOOTH FUNCTION IN YOUR MOBLIE/IPAD/TABLET.

4:PAIR IT SUCCESSFULLY AND PALY THE SONGS U WANT.

Ps.: What kind of sings did it have?

The songs are blank. Nothing is on them. They're just blank. On the packaging, It says all of the same stuff but in all lowercase and on the device manager it names it as "CD03  DEVICE V1.00 USB DEVICE"

the fact that it is showing the files as mp3 and wav tells me this is just a thumb drive sorry. 

Just now, Jstone said:

the fact that it is showing the files as mp3 and wav tells me this is just a thumb drive sorry. 

But why does it appear on my iPhone?