Games in 3D on regular Monitor

Rabel

Hello, I just have a small question, is it possible to play Games in 3d on a regular IPS 34" Monitor? I know it works with blue and red glasses, but what is with cinema glasses? is there a possability to play games like The Witcher 3 in 3D with cinema glasses? and when yes how?

Probably not, for cinema glasses you probably need 120hz monitor.

5 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Probably not, for cinema glasses you probably need 120hz monitor.

Why and when i have one how can i get him to 3d?

Just now, Rabel said:

Why and when i have one how can i get him to 3d?

What kind of cinema glasses do you have? You need a 120 fps monitor, because most of them work with blocking 1 eye, showing the picture on the monitor, then blocking the other eye and showing a different picture. If the monitor would be under 120hz you would see a lot of flickering.

But it all depends, on what kind of "cinema glasses" do you have?

Depends on the technology of the glasses. What you're looking for is something like Nvidia 3D Vision (now only really supported through community efforts though). You'll also need a monitor that supports 3D. The cinema glasses (at least here in The Netherlands) are passive. The left glass passes one polarization and the right glass the other. This won't work with any monitor.

Active glasses have shutters that alternate between the left and right eye passing through light. This is the way the 3D Vision kit works, but you still need the emitter to sync up the glasses and display. I don't think Nvidia supports 3rd party glasses, but I'm not 100% sure on that. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/896738/3d-vision-without-nvidia-glasses/ they don't.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Depends on the technology of the glasses. What you're looking for is something like Nvidia 3D Vision (now only really supported through community efforts though). You'll also need a monitor that supports 3D. The cinema glasses (at least here in The Netherlands) are passive. The left glass passes one polarization and the right glass the other. This won't work with any monitor.

Active glasses have shutters that alternate between the left and right eye passing through light. This is the way the 3D Vision kit works, but you still need the emitter to sync up the glasses and display. I don't think Nvidia supports 3rd party glasses, but I'm not 100% sure on that. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/896738/3d-vision-without-nvidia-glasses/ they don't.

so if i havent got a 120Hz monitor with visoin 3d support i cant have 3d is that right?

1 minute ago, Rabel said:

so if i havent got a 120Hz monitor with visoin 3d support i cant have 3d is that right?

Correct.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB