high temperatures 8600k

huti26
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
29 minutes ago, huti26 said:

I had tried to overclock the same ram on my "old" ryzen build and I had to increase the dram from 1.35 to 1.4 to achieve stability back then. I assume the xmp profiles are different from motherboard to motherboard?

They shouldn't be. Those are read from RAM itself. But mobos are different and with Ryzen its quite common to have less compatibility with RAM out of box than with older AMD and Intel chipsets.

5 minutes ago, huti26 said:

At a different point of time, I had my vcore set on "auto" (which put it up to 1,28V as you can see in one of the previous screenshots) and I was trying to overclock my ram. When trying that, I crashed once while playing fortnite. After that I stopped overclocking my ram and I did not crash again so far.

Did you OC just with XMP or actually changin clocks, volts and timings?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Did you OC just with XMP or actually changin clocks, volts and timings?

I only used the xmp and set the dram voltage from 1.35 to 1.4.

1 minute ago, huti26 said:

I only used the xmp and set the dram voltage from 1.35 to 1.4.

Changing voltage might have been reason. XMP is automatic. You just enable profile and thats enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Changing voltage might have been reason. XMP is automatic. You just enable profile and thats enough.

I had tried to overclock the same ram on my "old" ryzen build and I had to increase the dram from 1.35 to 1.4 to achieve stability back then. I assume the xmp profiles are different from motherboard to motherboard?

29 minutes ago, huti26 said:

They shouldn't be. Those are read from RAM itself. But mobos are different and with Ryzen its quite common to have less compatibility with RAM out of box than with older AMD and Intel chipsets.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv