Reliable and secure remote desktop solution

I am looking for a reliable and secure remote desktop solution. I know teamviewer is a very popular software, but you have to buy a license and also i have some privacy concern. So any suggestion? Is there any hardware like PCIe card that implements the remote desktop function?

there is remote desktop in windows that works well here.

Can you do port forwarding?

Do you care if paid.

Normally vpn in and use rdp for the most security

29 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

there is remote desktop in windows that works well here.

Can you do port forwarding?

Port forward RDP.....are you insane

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

Port forward RDP.....are you insane

I guess so :)

2 hours ago, AvatarComputer said:

I am looking for a reliable and secure remote desktop solution. I know teamviewer is a very popular software, but you have to buy a license and also i have some privacy concern. So any suggestion? Is there any hardware like PCIe card that implements the remote desktop function?

I have just started using AnyDesk. It seams to work really well. I have only used it for the past week, it was the best free remote program I could find that I could connect without user intervention on the other end.

Hello,

I'm currently using VNC server as a remote desktop application. To be fair you will need to port forward here as well, however, you can customize which port do you want to forward it.

Also, it encrypts the traffic with 128 bits, so it kind of ok for security as well.

6 hours ago, AvatarComputer said:

Look into something like https://guacamole.apache.org/ if your not wanting to spend some money. then just use that to remote to all your boxes with RDP/VNC/SSH.

If you want to spend some money, spin up a RDP gateway on windows server 20xx, keep in mind you'll need to purchase CALs also, compare the costs of getting Device CALS v User CALs

Or, if you not doing commercial stuff (i.e. personal only) just use Teamviewer, it's free for personal use. There are not really any privacy concerns, if systems are left locked / basic workstation security is followed.