Monitor with 4K at 400-600 dollars

Antonios

For what reason are you buying the monitor, just need context.

10 minutes ago, kluader said:

Hello. This monitor costs approximately 400$

https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/PB287Q/

Is it ok or should I search for sth better? Any suggestions?

Here's a list of 4K monitors. as @D3addr0p mentioned, it depends on your usage, for example this might not be the best monitor for gaming, but might be perfectly fine for non professional content creation or media consumption for example.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=384002160&sort=price

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Here's a list of 4K monitors. as @D3addr0p mentioned, it depends on your usage, for example this might not be the best monitor for gaming, but might be perfectly fine for non professional content creation or media consumption for example.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=384002160&sort=price

Hello. I need a 27-30 inch screen, 4k, with 1ms for video editing. Thank you for the list.

5 hours ago, D3addr0p said:

For what reason are you buying the monitor, just need context.

I need it for video editing. Not videogames. I edit 4k video with adobe after effects.

28 minutes ago, kluader said:

Hello. I need a 27-30 inch screen, 4k, with 1ms for video editing. Thank you for the list.

I need it for video editing. Not videogames. I edit 4k video with adobe after effects.

What's more important, Color correctness or response time? Normally response time is less important... But 1ms response times are usually a trait of TN panels that have worse color accuracy, which is what the Asus monitor is. For photo or video editing, most would go for an IPS panel, which are usually 100% Adobe RGB color rated.

I've narrowed that list down to 27-23" panels and IPS displays only

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=384002160&sort=price&p=1&W=2700,3200

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 1/5/2018 at 11:16 PM, TVwazhere said:

What's more important, Color correctness or response time? Normally response time is less important... But 1ms response times are usually a trait of TN panels that have worse color accuracy, which is what the Asus monitor is. For photo or video editing, most would go for an IPS panel, which are usually 100% Adobe RGB color rated.

I've narrowed that list down to 27-23" panels and IPS displays only

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=384002160&sort=price&p=1&W=2700,3200

ok.. so from the first 10 panels which one would you choose?

Dell?

14 hours ago, kluader said:

ok.. so from the first 10 panels which one would you choose?

Dell?

Either the Dell one or the LG one with 1 star (amazon have over 300 reviews on it and it's over 4.5 stars)

On 4/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, TVwazhere said:

Either the Dell one or the LG one with 1 star (amazon have over 300 reviews on it and it's over 4.5 stars)

Thank you. As far as I can see, dell has no sync and lg has free sync. I have nvdidia gtx 1080.

Should I stick with the freesync lg monitor?

10 hours ago, kluader said:

Thank you. As far as I can see, dell has no sync and lg has free sync. I have nvdidia gtx 1080.

Should I stick with the freesync lg monitor?

Freesync will only serve you if you ever plan on going with an AMD cared in the future. otherwise no point worrying.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:18 AM, TVwazhere said:

Freesync will only serve you if you ever plan on going with an AMD cared in the future. otherwise no point worrying.

Thank you my friend. freesync (with and AMD card) is useless for video editing and useful for games only? Is there tearing visible at video editing?

1 hour ago, kluader said:

Thank you my friend. freesync (with and AMD card) is useless for video editing and useful for games only? Is there tearing visible at video editing?

FreeSync (a variation of Vertical Sync) as well as Gsync are useful for gaming applications and have no benefits for video editing production, 3D rendering or any form of media creation. They differ from V-Sync (which is not proprietary to any GPU type) because they work with the GPU to determine which frame is rendering and which frame is being displayed. V-sync does this, but can cause "Input latency" which means when you move your mouse or click a button there is a noticeable delay in the action appearing on screen. Both Free sync and Gsync have the advantage of reducing this delay while being able to maintain smooth frame transitions (no screen tearing)

On 8/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, TVwazhere said:

FreeSync (a variation of Vertical Sync) as well as Gsync are useful for gaming applications and have no benefits for video editing production, 3D rendering or any form of media creation. They differ from V-Sync (which is not proprietary to any GPU type) because they work with the GPU to determine which frame is rendering and which frame is being displayed. V-sync does this, but can cause "Input latency" which means when you move your mouse or click a button there is a noticeable delay in the action appearing on screen. Both Free sync and Gsync have the advantage of reducing this delay while being able to maintain smooth frame transitions (no screen tearing)

Thank you very much. You have been really helpful.