If I delete a Windows installation with a product key assigned, will i no longer be able to use the key?

Hi i was wondering if I delete a Windows installation with a product key assigned, will i no longer be able to use the key? This doesn't include when i unlink it before i delete windows. Any help it's appreciated :)

Most likely, you can. If its linked to your microsoft account and you have the product key on hand, you should be able to use it again

if its an OEM key then can sometimes be a pain, if its not than should be fine

Is the product you are talking about is  Windows 10 official version with a key, and either a retail version ( store ) or a Dell type of Windows, or and upgrade from Windows 7

And you want to format the HD, in all cases there is NP

The only thing is, if you want to move the key to a second PC. Microsoft as all the detail on the web site.

You can't have 2 pc's activated with single key. You should deactivate before activating on another pc. I don't know how newer Windows keys react when you don't remember to deactivate them. Older ones just deactivate previous install next time it phones server.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can't have 2 pc's activated with single key. You should deactivate before activating on another pc. I don't know how newer Windows keys react when you don't remember to deactivate them. Older ones just deactivate previous install next time it phones server.

you can't? I have 2 windows server 2016 servers with the same keys i got from microsoft imagine :D

2 hours ago, mikat said:

you can't? I have 2 windows server 2016 servers with the same keys i got from microsoft imagine :D

Thats how it supposed to work. Idk if MS free-because-we-like-spying-cheap-people -program has some advantages.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv