Destiny 2 - Getting Better?

Xander Cousins

D2  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play Destiny and what platform?

• Don't Play
    • No Longer Playing - PC
    • No Longer Playing - Console
    • Still Playing - PC
    • Still PLaying - Console
  2. 2. With these coming would you return?

• Yes
    • No

So firstly I want to link a thread I posted prior sort of out lining what went wrong with Destiny 2 along with some interesting feed back from others. 

Spoiler

Anyway on with this. For anyone following Bungie's roadmap of the development with the game they have been trying hard to improve the overall experience of the game, The base game was a flop as the End game content was well non existent. Curse of Osiris as interesting as the Short storyline was there wasn't much else, some new weapons, strikes, MP maps etc and a new social space (Too bloody small IMO). 

Anyway before I rant Is Destiny 2 coming back round? With the direction they are going it my bring back some players but their is a Huge number of players which have left and most likely won't pickup the game unless something Amazing comes out. 

As people know they recently revealed the warmind expansion which was interesting as it seems to focus on the End game A-LOT their Court of Oryx like social event is interesting as you do require to be Max light or within like 10 of that to do well against the 7 wave assault as testers have said being under level by 20 was brutal.

Along with that they introduce back what I personally found fun the private matches to be able to jump on screw around with friends and test weapons damage output more accurately than just playing against the PVE enemies. Along with this some other changes have been mad where can be seen below in the warmind reveal stream

Spoiler

Anyway I kinda want to here some feedback from both console and Pc players on this and what you are doing atm with the game.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

The whole game is idiotic and boring and I don't think it is worth the price I got it for -- and I got it for free! If you're not into PvP or raiding, the game just doesn't offer anything to do and none of upcoming changes would be enough to make me even consider wasting any more of my time with it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

@WereCatf so out curiosity what is it you expected from the game if you didn't want to do the PVP or the Raid?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

@WereCatf so out curiosity what is it you expected from the game if you didn't want to do the PVP or the Raid?

I expected there to be something else to do than just those. I had never played Destiny 1, so I didn't really have much of any idea other than it's a shooty-and-runny - game.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

id pick up Destiny 2 again. However i dont have the online- nor offline friends to keep me interested and playing it. (Raid Parties and so fourth) 

Does the Poll also include Destiny 1? because thats what ive played. 

another thing is that i really need to set myself into the end-game progression and grind strats. if i dont i would probably just play Warthunder again just Yak-9T-ing people left right and center

@WereCatf well that is Destiny in a nut shell, you have your PVP (Crucible) the PVE events (this going of the end game of D1 so including all DLC's) Raids,Court of Oryx, The Siva event area and Daily/Weekly missions plus Nightfalls. 

Destiny 2 only has the Raids and the Nightfall and tbh is a game that is Really grindy, where you need to push to get something you want, not always just handed to you. 

So i agree atm the game isn't worth it asking price but in the future it maybe, You got the game for free and most likely went into it with a different mind thought on what it would be. This game is VERY GRINDY and requires teamwork for such things as Raids and Nightfalls depending on players skill and preparedness.

@GoldenLag No only includes D1, secondly if you want to know how to grind in D2 it is mainly going through the Milestones, once that is done any gear dropped from Strikes, PVP or public events tend to be some light level lower but can from time to time help level up some gear you have that is lacking behind.

@Alex Colson game slike destiny is fine to play alone untill you need to do raids and late game grinding. Thats when i loose interdest. I think i only did the dreadnought raid 3 times and attempted quite a few

@GoldenLag Well they are games that are more focused towards open world type games along with grinding. 

Like Destiny 1 my Raid replay counts is 

Vault of Glass = 4

Crota's End = 5

Kings Fall =14

Wrath of the Machines  = 3

you can see which one I played the most or somewhat liked? 

The vault of glass and Crota's End was low because I never played them till year 3

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

I'll pick it up again when I feel like I didn't get ripped off for pre-ordering it. 

That how I felt for Halo Wars 2....

That how I felt for Halo Wars 2....

xD But seriously. Paid full price for the thing and it just all fell flat. Felt like I got blue-balled by the story, actually wished there was more cutscenes and just a whole lotta nothing.

5 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

xD But seriously. Paid full price for the thing and it just all fell flat. Felt like I got blue-balled by the story, actually wished there was more cutscenes and just a whole lotta nothing.

The story kinda annoyed me, with hyping Gaul and falling flat like you said.

The End-Game annoyed me the most really but as I said and if you decide you want to look into it you can see they are trying to improve it, (Deja vu)

And seriously if someone shouts SPOILERS from me saying the name of the enemy in the story he was mentioned on reveal streams and Ads so like really .

37 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

The story kinda annoyed me, with hyping Gaul and falling flat like you said.

The End-Game annoyed me the most really but as I said and if you decide you want to look into it you can see they are trying to improve it, (Deja vu)

And seriously if someone shouts SPOILERS from me saying the name of the enemy in the story he was mentioned on reveal streams and Ads so like really .

Might give it a try sometime this week. Just wish there was more bits of story or events in the end game.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Might give it a try sometime this week. Just wish there was more bits of story or events in the end game.

warmind seems to be adding that

warmind seems to be adding that

I don't have money for DLC. I wasted all of it on pre-ordering the shitty thing.