iPhone6 to S9 - advice, options?

Hello peoples, 

Been out the loop phone wise for a while now. I have an iPhone6 and ready for an upgrade and change. My only requirements are headphone jack is needed as I regularly use headphones with the phone and also looking at a better camera than the somewhat rubbish iphone job. 

Whats the low down in peoples opinions right now, is the S9 worth a punt, and any advice on going from Iphone to samsung?

cheers and thanks for any help and or advice,

Lewis

13 minutes ago, LewisBloom said:

Hello peoples, 

Been out the loop phone wise for a while now. I have an iPhone6 and ready for an upgrade and change. My only requirements are headphone jack is needed as I regularly use headphones with the phone and also looking at a better camera than the somewhat rubbish iphone job. 

Whats the low down in peoples opinions right now, is the S9 worth a punt, and any advice on going from Iphone to samsung?

cheers and thanks for any help and or advice,

Lewis

I'd wait for the OnePlus 6 or Pixel 3, or consider the S8. The S9 imo isn't worth it, as it's a tad better than the S8(2GB more ram, faster CPU for £350 more) .  

Thanks Aleks, the S8 is another option, I think ill go contract and from what I see the S9 was on a deal I can get like £1-3 more a month over the S8. When you say wait, is there any release dates or good guesses on how long the wait might be as I am on a bit of a potential month deadline.

cheers,

Lewis

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Ceciclia Garcia said:

Haha,I just change to Samsung Galaxy S9 from iPhone 4 which is too old.A little problem at the begining operation.As Samsung used Android system,but iPhone is iOS system.Do you know the the fastest way to adapt it.The answer is transfer the useful data like call logs,SMS,photos,vedios,Apps to my new phone.With the familiar data,like my old friends.I used very well on Samsung S9 now.

Since Samsung phone has different operating system comparing with iPhone's OS, it is believed that it is easier to transfer data from from Android to Samsung Galaxy S9 than transferring data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. And also you can't directly sync data between iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus with USB cable or Bluetooth as well, which makes it harder to complete the goal. However, you can make it easier as long as you have the third-party iPhone to Samsung Data Transfer tool .

I've done a iPhone to Samsung transfer with Smart Switch many times. Works really well. The iPhone plugs into the Samsung device with a provider transfer adapter in the box. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2018 at 12:35 PM, LewisBloom said:

Thanks Aleks, the S8 is another option, I think ill go contract and from what I see the S9 was on a deal I can get like £1-3 more a month over the S8. When you say wait, is there any release dates or good guesses on how long the wait might be as I am on a bit of a potential month deadline.

cheers,

Lewis

Sorry for the late reply, I only got the notification today, the OnePlus 6 is out tommorow, meanwhile the pixel I beleive would come out somewhere around october time.

Ended up with S9 Plus, getting on really well with it. The included transfer cable was pleasant surprise and made the change stupidly easy. Thanks for the advice peoples B|