Dual monitors with Hdmi and displayport?

Hello! So I'm looking to have a dual monitor setup and since my gtx 1050ti only has two ports on it that i'll use (don't wanna go with vga), I want to know if it would work to use displayport for one and hdmi for the other? Also if other options like a displayport to hdmi cable or an hdmi splitter would be better options than different kinds of ports being used? I don't think there would be any problems but... I'm completely new to this and want to know before I buy my second monitor.

no problem. have used a combination of DP, HDMI and DVI over time.

The only problem I have encountered is if I turn of the DP display, og change the input on it, the PC thinks the monitor is removed, and alters the other screen.

If I do the same with the monitor with the HDMI, it keeps everything the same, and still thinks the HDMI monitor is up and running.

Have been a "problem" since I use 2 PCs with the same setup.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

3 minutes ago, Arron said:

Hello! So I'm looking to have a dual monitor setup and since my gtx 1050ti only has two ports on it that i'll use (don't wanna go with vga), I want to know if it would work to use displayport for one and hdmi for the other? Also if other options like a displayport to hdmi cable or an hdmi splitter would be better options than different kinds of ports being used? I don't think there would be any problems but... I'm completely new to this and want to know before I buy my second monitor.

yes you can use different connections for each monitor coming from the same graphics card. I am currently using HDMI and DVI-D.

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

You won't need to use any adapters or anything, they'll work straight out of the box just plugging them in.

at work we have a few systems that run triple monitors on a mix of displayport, VGA, and a USB to VGA adapter.

honestly, what the cable is doesnt matter one bit, just use whatever makes the most sense for the devices you're connecting.

@Arron

lots of monitors do not have displayport though and you may need to get a displayport to hdmi cable

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I’ve found one that has display port already, it won’t be in stock for about 2-3 months and it’s $50 more that the one with out display port but yeah, I already have an idea of what I need, I just wanted to know if hdmi+Dp would work.

Or if you have a DisplayPort Out port on the monitor you could daisy-chain DP monitors, since the 1050Ti has newer than DP 1.2 I think.

1 minute ago, Arron said:

I’ve found one that has display port already, it won’t be in stock for about 2-3 months and it’s $50 more that the one with out display port but yeah, I already have an idea of what I need, I just wanted to know if hdmi+Dp would work.

Yes, it will, no issues.

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone. 

I got similar problem, I had you monitor connected to my 67650XT (which has HDMI and DP), my first monitor has HDMI to DP and my second monitor has HDMI to HDMI. Both were working perfectly but i only got 60hz because they are old monitors and they do not support 144hz on HDMI cable but only DVI. 

So I brought a new monitor which has DP to DP and has 165hz refresh rate. So far so good, but when i plugged my DP to DP (monitor 1) my second monitor which has HDMI to HDMI just shut down, i tried to go to the settings but the PC does recognise only 1 Monitor (Monitor 1 DP to DP), and my second monitor just went black like my PC is shut down. 

Can I solve this problem or i have to stick with just one monitor?