My Laptop isn't outputting Display via HDMI

Tarun10

I have a HP Envy 15 x360 with the I7-8550U and it has a single HDMI port. I tried hooking it up to my 32" LG LED TV via HDMI but there is no output and my TV just says NO SIGNAL.

The TV works fine and I also checked the functioning of the cable.

I was only trying to project the desktop and no protected content. Are there any limitations in Windows 10 to such projecting????

27 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

I have a HP Envy 15 x360 with the I7-8550U and it has a single HDMI port. I tried hooking it up to my 32" LG LED TV via HDMI but there is no output and my TV just says NO SIGNAL.

The TV works fine and I also checked the functioning of the cable.

I was only trying to project the desktop and no protected content. Are there any limitations in Windows 10 to such projecting????

Have you gone into the Intel Graphics settings and setup dual screen? (Right click on desktop and choose Intel Graphics settings)

idk tbh

4 minutes ago, Greenish said:

Have you gone into the Intel Graphics settings and setup dual screen? (Right click on desktop and choose Intel Graphics settings)

Windows Key + P opens up the dual screen config sidebar in Windows 8 and above.  No need for digging around in Intel's software.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Windows Key + P opens up the dual screen config sidebar in Windows 8 and above.  No need for digging around in Intel's software.

you are not digging around in the settings. sometimes by factory default it is set to weird settingsimage.png.c1f3311715907710b01fefd5e1c53bb2.png

idk tbh

Have you tried with laptops own hotkeys? FN+something?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Greenish said:

you are not digging around in the settings. sometimes by factory default it is set to weird settings

You misunderstand...  Win+P gives you instant access to multi output settings.  If you want to use a second output there isn't really an easier way to do it.

ss1.png.65f35e262db780023e0a25ea862ef847.png

There are inbuilt hotkeys but it doesn't work. Let me try again with Windows + P.

4 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

You misunderstand...  Win+P gives you instant access to multi output settings.  If you want to use a second output there isn't really an easier way to do it.

ss1.png.65f35e262db780023e0a25ea862ef847.png

I am aware that you can use Win+P but you have a more complex and customizable overview and both of them work

idk tbh

9 hours ago, Greenish said:

I am aware that you can use Win+P but you have a more complex and customizable overview and both of them work

If you are trying to explain it to a person that does not understand what is required to setup a multi-monitor config, you start with the simplest method to get them going.  If they have any more questions/requirements you then go into the more complex configuration tools.

1 hour ago, KarathKasun said:

If you are trying to explain it to a person that does not understand what is required to setup a multi-monitor config, you start with the simplest method to get them going.  If they have any more questions/requirements you then go into the more complex configuration tools.

It isnt that complicated, I understand that Win+P is a more simple way I am also showing the more complex and more customisable way.

idk tbh

3 hours ago, Greenish said:

It isnt that complicated, I understand that Win+P is a more simple way I am also showing the more complex and more customisable way.

I have tried fiddling with the settings on both the quick settings and diving deep into Intel's Settings. Will let you know if I am able make it work.