iPad pro 12.9 inch (2017) or Ryzen 2700X system

Those are pretty different devices with pretty different purposes :P聽honestly, I do believe the ipad pro is overpriced聽- but it is a pretty good device and what it does, it does well. If you are a graphics designer it would definitely be of some use to you. On the other hand, if you ever need to do anything intensive you'll want a pc or at least a decent laptop. If you think your current laptop's performance is enough for your needs, you should probably go for the ipad or something similar - if you find you lack power and your work is sluggish on the laptop, you probably should prioritize a desktop.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Those are pretty different devices with pretty different purposes :P聽honestly, I do believe the ipad pro is overpriced聽- but it is a pretty good device and what it does, it does well. If you are a graphics designer it would definitely be of some use to you. On the other hand, if you ever need to do anything intensive you'll want a pc or at least a decent laptop. If you think your current laptop's performance is enough for your needs, you should probably go for the ipad or something similar - if you find you lack power and your work is sluggish on the laptop, you probably should prioritize a desktop.

Yep desktop is probably the way

2 entirely different products, meant for 2 entirely different things.

1. Think about what you want to do with the Product. What does the Product need to deliver? Which applications do you use, how/where do you use the device (does it NEED to be portable?)

2. Think what will deliver that for you. The PC? Or the Tablet?

If you are mainly an Artist, and want to draw, a PC is not meant for you, at least without a drawing tablet combined with the PC: The iPad can do it with ProCreate for example.

Do you need to run multiple applications at the same time, full level Desktop Applications, 2+ Monitors, and what else.. you won't get far with an iPad.

Like i said, 2 different products... It depends, on HOW you want to use it.

I had to face the same problems and took into consideration that Apple products are great, but there are many of issues around them in the last few years like the iOS full of bugs and the slowing down. If I were you, I'd set up my own pc and buy the new 'cheap' iPad with Apple pencil compatibility to have a portable device.