h110 or h100i?

Swegly
Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

Well I was going to buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018 but my ram does not allow me to install this. Besides, these water coolers look badass. Would i be better off just getting an h100i with two noctua nf-f12's rather than an h110?

yes, you'd be well off on the H100i purchase. since you already have the RAM. you'll

use the last photo setup to mount the H100i in the roof line. hoses to the front or rear.

th0y.jpg

Which of these is a better option. I have a fractal r4 and I do not want to do any case modding or anything.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

the H110 is a 280mm rad while the h100i is a 240mm rad

depends, do you want to deal with the limited amount of good 140mm fans for radiators at the sacrafice for better performance out of the box, or better 120mm fans but it's not as good as the H110.

the H110 is a 280mm rad while the h100i is a 240mm rad

depends, do you want to deal with the limited amount of good 140mm fans for radiators at the sacrafice for better performance out of the box, or better 120mm fans but it's not as good as the H110.

So the h110 is a better buy? Also does it fit in an r4?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Which of these is a better option. I have a fractal r4 and I do not want to do any case modding or anything.

the H110 might be a little harder to install as the H100i just does fit inside the

roof/motherboard line. H100 being larger can present some destructive results.

depending on motherboard installed, you might have to shift the radiator

assembly towards the left using the air vent holes instead of the designated fan

mounting holes. some are re-drilling new holes to shift the assembly further

creating less interference issues. you can install the radiator assembly to the

front intake, if not using the HDD cages.

saying that, you can locate the radiator assembly up to the front intake area, if

the HDD cages are removed.

so NO MODDING will prolly mean you'll need to look for a high-end air-cooler.

500x1000px-LL-c14bef6d_photo1.jpeg

20130118_140327_zpsbe971cd1.jpg

the H110 might be a little harder to install as the H100i just does fit inside the

roof/motherboard line. H100 being larger can present some destructive results.

depending on motherboard installed, you might have to shift the radiator

assembly towards the left using the air vent holes instead of the designated fan

mounting holes. some are re-drilling new holes to shift the assembly further

creating less interference issues. you can install the radiator assembly to the

front intake, if not using the HDD cages.

saying that, you can locate the radiator assembly up to the front intake area, if

the HDD cages are removed.

so NO MODDING will prolly mean you'll need to look for a high-end air-cooler.

500x1000px-LL-c14bef6d_photo1.jpeg

20130118_140327_zpsbe971cd1.jpg

Well I was going to buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018 but my ram does not allow me to install this. Besides, these water coolers look badass. Would i be better off just getting an h100i with two noctua nf-f12's rather than an h110?

yes, you'd be well off on the H100i purchase. since you already have the RAM. you'll

use the last photo setup to mount the H100i in the roof line. hoses to the front or rear.

th0y.jpg

th0y.jpg

Wish there were more people like you ;)

Wish there were more people like you ;)

when you get it all sorted.. please make a build log for other members to

"get a bead" on progress like you have. they to may have the same questions, but

haven't asked and if a member has already gone through the motions, then they

kinda get a glimpse of what his/her rig could look like. right-on!

when you get it all sorted.. please make a build log for other members to

"get a bead" on progress like you have. they to may have the same questions, but

haven't asked and if a member has already gone through the motions, then they

kinda get a glimpse of what his/her rig could look like. right-on!

Last question. If I buy two noctua nf-f12 fans to use instead of the stock fans with the h100i, will the corsair Link fan controller work with them. I know nothing about water cooling yet and this will be my first atempt at it.

Last question. If I buy two noctua nf-f12 fans to use instead of the stock fans with the h100i, will the corsair Link fan controller work with them. I know nothing about water cooling yet and this will be my first atempt at it.

yes, the NF-F12 will work just fine in place of the H100i fans, but before you buy the

NF-F12 fans, try the OE fans first. might be just fine for you. means you might not

have to spend money. i run my H100 fans off the PSU in a fixed voltage or you can

use the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard and allow the UEFI to control the

speed versus the CPU temperature. or if running the AI II then let Fan Expert2

tune the fans for you, but the fans have to be connected to the motherboard and the

H100i tach lead connected to CPU_OPT header. if you do this, you'll also need

a 4-pin PWM fan splitter (connects two fans to one header)

AK-CBFA04-15.jpg

yes, the NF-F12 will work just fine in place of the H100i fans, but before you buy the

NF-F12 fans, try the OE fans first. might be just fine for you. means you might not

have to spend money. i run my H100 fans off the PSU in a fixed voltage or you can

use the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard and allow the UEFI to control the

speed versus the CPU temperature. or if running the AI II then let Fan Expert2

tune the fans for you, but the fans have to be connected to the motherboard and the

H100i tach lead connected to CPU_OPT header. if you do this, you'll also need

a 4-pin PWM fan splitter (connects two fans to one header)

AK-CBFA04-15.jpg

I dont speak Chinese. hahaha. So basically I should have no problem with the nf-f12s then?

yes, the NF-F12 will work just fine in place of the H100i fans,

I dont speak Chinese. hahaha. So basically I should have no problem with the nf-f12s then?

yep!