Laptop has 2 display adapters

NickB
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Nvidia control panel manages what gpu to use.

You need intel drives, and the dispaly is connected to the intel gpu only. You can reinstall drives if you want.

My laptop has intel graphics for apps and an nvidia card inside for games. How does it know which card to use when? 

And if I uninstalled intel graphics and reinstalled them will it still work properly with both GPUs?

Thanks@

Nvidia control panel manages what gpu to use.

You need intel drives, and the dispaly is connected to the intel gpu only. You can reinstall drives if you want.

8 minutes ago, NickB said:

My laptop has intel graphics for apps and an nvidia card inside for games. How does it know which card to use when? 

And if I uninstalled intel graphics and reinstalled them will it still work properly with both GPUs?

Thanks@

Totally software controlled. I believe via Nvidia control panel but it is also prob a drive thing as well.

PSU Tier Ranking List

Ryzen 5 1600x|ASROCK                      |16GB DDR4 3400Mhz Corsair Vengence   | (partial build in progress)

FX-8350 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V1 | 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H100i v1

FX-8120 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V2 | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H80i v1 

I5-2500K LGA  | ACER MOBO??         | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 860 PRO | Win 10 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 970 SC 4GB | Corsair H80i v1

The NVIDIA driver handles what GPU the application runs on. It configures this automatically so you don't have to touch anything. If you want force an application to run on one GPU or the other, you can do so on the NVIDIA Control Panel.

If you reinstall the Intel GPU drivers, the system should still work. Otherwise it won't really work if you leave them uninstalled, though Windows will likely download and install a driver anyway.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The NVIDIA driver handles what GPU the application runs on. It configures this automatically so you don't have to touch anything. If you want force an application to run on one GPU or the other, you can do so on the NVIDIA Control Panel.

If you reinstall the Intel GPU drivers, the system should still work. Otherwise it won't really work if you leave them uninstalled, though Windows will likely download and install a driver anyway.

Yeah windows automatically re-installed it right away thankfully. Thank you so much for the help.