Recommend me a phone

Valley_

Asking for a friend.

My friend is looking at purchasing a new *ANDROID* phone and she would like some advice.

One of her main uses would be photography, she does some social media use and frequently watches YouTube. Camera and battery life are her most important features.

She plans to go on a pay monthly contract so don't worry about the price.

At the moment she is looking like she will get the Huawei P20, does this seem like a good choice? And are there any other phones she should consider?

S8/S8+ 

in the short few few months that I’ve owned the S8, I realized it took amazing photos and had a really nice Bokeh effect if that’s what she’s after. The battery life for watching YouTube videos is absolutely amazing. Though I would suggest ensuring you drain the battery properly the first few times when the phone is new to ensure it keeps a proper charge.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

2 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

S8/S8+ 

in the short few few months that I’ve owned the S8, I realized it took amazing photos and had a really nice Bokeh effect if that’s what she’s after. The battery life for watching YouTube videos is absolutely amazing. Though I would suggest ensuring you drain the battery properly the first few times when the phone is new to ensure it keeps a proper charge.

I got the S8 too and it is an amazing all round phone eh :P

Just now, GlynDavies said:

I got the S8 too and it is an amazing all round phone eh :P

Most definitely. I do own an iPhone 8+ now but I feel better with this than the S8 anyway.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."