Galaxy S9: How to backup everything? (Samsung Cloud or Google Backup)

RRGT19

I have a new Galaxy S9 (first Android phone in my life) and the options on Settings to configure the backup is confusing.

I don't know what to choose, Samsung Cloud or Google Backup, both seems to backup the same thing, or not?.

I did a test, I used both (Samsung first, then Google) to do a backup and I restored the phone from these backups and I never got anything restore.

1. Samsung Cloud or Google Bakcup? what are the differences? Is very important to me to backup the Apps I have installed, the "Settings" configuration and the layout of my screen, ringtones, wallpaper, well, a backup of everything. (as an Iphone does)

2. How and where to configure to do a daily backup automatically?

3. How and where to enable Find my phone?

The Samsung cloud works great for me, haven't tried the google cloud though.

The samsung cloud is great if you are sure that your new phone is also a samsung.

It backs up all the apps etc, so when i clicked restore it restored all the "Settings" configuration and the layout of my screen, ringtones, wallpaper, songs, documents etc.

The google backup is better if you want to choose a different brand phone and still have a backup.

I also recommend google photos for auto photo backups, as it sorts your photos etc, and you can use the google AI to search for something, E.G a photo of a car or all your portrait photos.

The find my phone should be already on if you logged into your google account.

Go to this link and see if you can locate your phone with it:

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone

My knowledge is based on samsung s6 and other, but it should all still hold up