NSA encryption cracking possible explanation

fredey

This video explanes very interesting mathematical implications and explenations for NSA cracking.

I didn't fully understand the math but the implications are very interesting:

Fun thought, software in the US has to be given to the NSA so they can acquire a key for it and be allowed to crack into it any time they want :D

Fun thought, software in the US has to be given to the NSA so they can acquire a key for it and be allowed to crack into it any time they want :D

Nah man, that would be TOO far, they have to hack into our computers for it not to be too far. :o

Nah man, that would be TOO far, they have to hack into our computers for it not to be too far. :o

I wouldn't put it past them

Please bear in mind that the NSA does not use a single technique to decrypt stuff. That video specifically talks about the Dual_EC_DRBG backdoor they have. However, barely anything uses that RNG because it was already known for not outputting that random numbers and it was horrendously slow (like several hundreds of times slower than other RNGs, you could say it ran at 1 FPS while other programs could run at 100 FPS, that's how slow it is).

I am not so sure this fits the news category since the video does not bring up anything we didn't already know. It just explains it in an easier way than most other sources.