Recommendations for a "silent" GPU

Bjernhart

Hello LTT forum!

In a few months time I will be moving to a new apartment complex, and I'm planning to change some things in my current build to make it more "silent". I've already decided on PSU, chassi and cooling.

However, I would also like the GPU to be as silent as possible during both idle and load scenarios. Do you guys have any recommendations for a silent-ish GPU? I'm going for the 1080 Ti.

I am aware that current prices on GPU's are insane, but I do hope they will drop in a few months time, otherwise I'll just have to pay that insane price..

Anyway, best wishes! I'm looking forward to hear from you guys!

I would go for an AIO watercooled version or a custom loop for ultra silent expirience. The FTW3 is also a very silent air cooled option

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

14 minutes ago, Bjernhart said:

Hello LTT forum!

In a few months time I will be moving to a new apartment complex, and I'm planning to change some things in my current build to make it more "silent". I've already decided on PSU, chassi and cooling.

However, I would also like the GPU to be as silent as possible during both idle and load scenarios. Do you guys have any recommendations for a silent-ish GPU? I'm going for the 1080 Ti.

I am aware that current prices on GPU's are insane, but I do hope they will drop in a few months time, otherwise I'll just have to pay that insane price..

Anyway, best wishes! I'm looking forward to hear from you guys!

sign up for a 1080ti at nvidia website then watercool it. Cheaper and silent option

Having good airflow, a larger heatsink on the gpu, or living in a cold place will make any GPU quieter as it will not have to spin the fans as fast.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

If you are just looking for a quiet GPU, then you should look at EVGA's cards.
They are the only ones to use 3 phase / 6 slot motor designs for their fans, which reduces motor noise.

Also with the relatively open 3 fan design on their 1080Ti you can get pretty good results.

But if it needs to be truly quiet you won't get around watercooling or mounting noctua or be Quiet fans to the GPU heatsink.

Edit: I just remembered that Arctic makes those giant aftermarket GPU coolers.

These are a really good option at only 50-60 bucks and are better than any out of the box GPU air cooler, but they require a lot of space:

1070346-n4.jpg