Games for a 7 year old

Sauron

Hello!

I'm looking for pc games that a 7 year old girl would enjoy. They don't have to be recent as long as they run fine on modern systems. I'm fine with browser games too, but most of what I found is pretty much pure garbage like terrible makeup clickers or disgusting "doctor" games.

I have a few games that would be appropriate for kids (platformers, management games) but she isn't too keen on that sort of thing. I think something more story based that is a little lighter on gameplay would be closer to her taste.

Last but not least, the game needs to be available in Italian, unless there is no relevant dialog and nothing to read.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

-snip-

idk about girls. but maybe some lego games. like lego world.

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

23 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

idk about girls. but maybe some lego games. like lego world.

I thought of that, the only thing I'm worried about is that she won't get any of the references. Still I suppose they're fun regardless

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The Fable series may be of interest.

Edit: Scrap that, this cartoony game has a 15 rating..

16 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I thought of that, the only thing I'm worried about is that she won't get any of the references. Still I suppose they're fun regardless

what about minecraft? who dosent like minecraft

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

5 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

what about minecraft? who dosent like minecraft

...I don't :P but she might, I'll consider it

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

but you played it right. and prob more then you wanna admit

18 minutes ago, Sauron said:

every 7 year old loves minecraft.

17 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

but you played it right. and prob more then you wanna admit

I actually didn't xD I only tried it when it was still in beta, it's just not my thing...

13 minutes ago, ZcanKal said:

every 7 year old loves minecraft.

good to know!

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The secret of monkey island if it’s rated properly. 

Lemmings

peggle

zumu 

Brutal doom

stardew valley

terraria

barbie

darkwood

Webkinz (flash game about stuffed animals) 

Sims

I may have made some bad recommendations but I suppose you’ll figure out which ones those were when she tells you she has nightmares. Or psychopathic tendencies. 

I actually haven't played it, but Slime Rancher looked like something you a seven year old would enjoy. 

Perhaps Minecraft Story mode? 

I wish Little Big Planet was on PC. That's awesome for kids 

That's an F in the profile pic

9 hours ago, Sauron said:

I'm looking for pc games that a 7 year old girl would enjoy.

Don't know about PC, but try Harvest Moon.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Honestly it's hard to recommend a PC game for a 7 year old. A Nintendo console would be much better. There are hundreds of kids games. You can pick up a used Wii and Mario Kart for like $40US. Other options would be Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Sports, Wii Play, the Just Dance games, and some of the Virtual Console Sonic games. Those are just off the top of my head. Most, if not all, should be Italian translated. You just set the language in the System Menu. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Wii and Mario Kart

I actually have that, the problem is that it's a bit too difficult for her. The game is not as fun when you get left behind early on. I know there are plenty of other kids games on the wii, but I was looking for pc games specifically to see what the alternatives are.

7 hours ago, fpo said:

Brutal doom

dude

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Magicka? Or is it abit too gory?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

11 hours ago, fpo said:

Brutal doom

Are you going to be okay?

LOL. I'd suggest Minecraft, The worlds are nearly endless and really help bring out the creative side of people.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

I actually have that, the problem is that it's a bit too difficult for her. The game is not as fun when you get left behind early on. I know there are plenty of other kids games on the wii, but I was looking for pc games specifically to see what the alternatives are.

Yeah, that is another Problem.

You have to keep the difficulty in mind. Some games are just too hard for the young.

Some are just

But then agian: HARVEST MOON.

Just take a look at it.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

When my daughter was younger we played Scribblenauts together. Really a fun game IMHO. 

Also the monkey island games are fun. Also great to do together and figure out those weird quests.

And the occasinal Minecraft session happened too. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Lego games

Scribblenauts games

Get a Nintendo wiiu/switch (Kirby and Yoshi games are games geared towards children in terms of difficulty

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 4/23/2018 at 2:31 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah, that is another Problem.

You have to keep the difficulty in mind. Some games are just too hard for the young.

Some are just

But then agian: HARVEST MOON.

Just take a look at it.

Oh! There was a Spider-Man game that when you selected easy it would half play the game for you. Some boss battles would be really complex for a child so having the game help was a huge help for the person that reviewed it. I don’t own it so I don’t know what game it was. 

Im trying to think of old point and click games. I had rescue heroes and tonka-but those are boyish games I think. 

EDIT: 

actually by 7 I was playing games like halo and socom. Something more age appropriate might be steep. It’s your new SSX tricky. 

The new ssx tricky games aren’t as fun as the ps2 one. 

Edit edit:

banjo cazoi in an emulator, a hat in time, conquer the squirrel, yooka laylie are all great kids games too. 

On 22/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, Sauron said:

Hello!

I'm looking for pc games that a 7 year old girl would enjoy. They don't have to be recent as long as they run fine on modern systems. I'm fine with browser games too, but most of what I found is pretty much pure garbage like terrible makeup clickers or disgusting "doctor" games.

I have a few games that would be appropriate for kids (platformers, management games) but she isn't too keen on that sort of thing. I think something more story based that is a little lighter on gameplay would be closer to her taste.

Last but not least, the game needs to be available in Italian, unless there is no relevant dialog and nothing to read.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion!

Do you think she can figure out how to play Portal?

On 23/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Don't know about PC, but try Harvest Moon.

You mean Stardew Valley? I used to play Harvest Moon on my PS2 :) good old days!

You can run Harvest Moon on an emulator nonetheless.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I agree minecraft will be good for a 7 years old kid. However, you can also try Rose Online. I've played it before and it's a cute game although there are boys playing the toon is chibi which I think would love by girls. Also, you can have different kind of wings like butterfly wings, angel wings and devil wings. There's also a lot of costume on that game to collect. Another thing that I like on that game is the dragon mounts. 

Do you have an old Nintendo DS laying around? Give that to them.

Simple and fun games. I enjoyed them when I was a kid. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

On 4/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Supportsneedlove said:

Do you think she can figure out how to play Portal?

We can try, I do have portal.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*