iPhone iCloud lock bypass

Is there any way I can bypass the icloud activation lock of an iPhone?

I bought an used iPhone for parts and when I received it and turned it on, the phone was fine but I could not get past the iCloud activation screen. Is there any way to bypass that screen or should I just consider the phone useless and tear it down for parts.

PS- I contacted the seller and he said that he had no idea whatsoever about the user ID and password.

There's a 99% chance it's stolen, so it's not surprising he doesn't know the username and password. 

There's no way to get into it or to reset it without the iCloud account.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

and you bought it for parts, so help to bypass security can not be found here..

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

There's a 99% chance it's stolen, so it's not surprising he doesn't know the username and password. 

There's no way to get into it or to reset it without the iCloud account.

Yup. I was thinking about the same reason. I tried calling him back to know if he had proof that it belonged to him. He immediately hung up the phone and now it's switched off.

Should I contact eBay and tell them about this or should I just use it for parts? 

Just now, Classified101 said:

Yup. I was thinking about the same reason. I tried calling him back to know if he had proof that it belonged to him. He immediately hung up the phone and now it's switched off.

Should I contact eBay and tell them about this or should I just use it for parts? 

if it was sold for parts, then there probably isn't much you can do.

Apple can remove it if you can show proof of purchase, but shoing a ebay buy won't do it.

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

and you bought it for parts, so help to bypass security can not be found here..

Yes. as djdwosk97 mentioned, it might me stolen.  So, should I contact eBay and tell them everything or should I just not care and continue using it for parts?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

if it was sold for parts, then there probably isn't much you can do.

Apple can remove it if you can show proof of purchase, but shoing a ebay buy won't do it.

My main intention was to use it for parts. That's why I bought it in the first place. Thanks for the reply.

4 minutes ago, Classified101 said:

I would definitely contact eBay, best case scenario you get to keep the phone and get your money back. Worst case scenario, there's no harm.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

I would definitely contact eBay, best case scenario you get to keep the phone and get your money back. 

Yup! I would do it. Thanks for your help! Appreciate it!

It is technically possible, but not easy. If you take the phone apart and replace the NAND with a non-iCloud locked device's NAND, it should work. 

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

48 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

It is technically possible, but not easy. If you take the phone apart and replace the NAND with a non-iCloud locked device's NAND, it should work. 

He might find a kid woth a BGA Rework Station just down the street too. :P

Phone is pretty much a pretty brick when it is iCloud locked.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…