X470 vs X370?

So, I built my first PC last year, and I keep adding new things to it. Sometime about a month ago or so, after I was fiddling, I noticed some strange issues-The PC won't start randomly (I kind of need to reseat a bunch of stuff and it will randomly turn on), when it works sometimes it falls asleep and won't wake up, the system clock is randomly off by a lot, etc. It seems like there's some kind of motherboard issue, and I figure I might as well get a new case as my s340 is getting a little cramped. I have a Ryzen 7 1700X, so I'm considering grabbing a new X470 mobo for it and the new Lian Li 011 case. But this has me wondering-Is it worth it to save a few bucks and grab a X370 or B350 board instead?

On another note, if anyone notices my symptoms and has a "No wait it's obviously this easily fixable problem" let me know. All of the parts worked fine until one day of tinkering (swapped water cooling fluid from clear to red-no new HW). I tried removing all the parts one by one: It's not the ram, the GPU, a drive, or my wifi card. The only things I haven't tested are swapping out the CPU and swapping to a new mobo, and given that the system works fine once it's on I'm leaning towards it being the mobo.

Thanks!

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

B350 boards and eight-core Ryzens are bad juju. IMO, if you've already got a perfectly functional X370 board and you're not upgrading to Ryzen 2, there's no real reason to buy an X470.

Unless you dislike your current board, I'd RMA it rather than buying a new one outright.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

B350 boards and eight-core Ryzens are bad juju. IMO, if you've already got a perfectly functional X370 board and you're not upgrading to Ryzen 2, there's no real reason to buy an X470.

Unless you dislike your current board, I'd RMA it rather than buying a new one outright.

My current setup is a B350 and a 1700X... You're definitely helping convince me that this issue is my mobo. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a X470 unless anyone has any objections.

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

1 minute ago, Wolfca said:

My current setup is a B350 and a 1700X... You're definitely helping convince me that this issue is my mobo. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a X470 unless anyone has any objections.

If there's a significant price difference, I'd got for an X370 instead. Just make sure it's one using good VRMs.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

30 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If there's a significant price difference, I'd got for an X370 instead. Just make sure it's one using good VRMs.

Does anyone know if I can get XFR2 on a 1700X with a X470 mobo? That seems like it would make my life real easy, and would justify the cost in my eyes.

My PC:

There's a motherboard issue, but I think you might have a bad CMOS battery. Usually if the CMOS battery is bad, you'll see random things like the system time being off.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

There's a motherboard issue, but I think you might have a bad CMOS battery. Usually if the CMOS battery is bad, you'll see random things like the system time being off.

I tried replacing the CMOS battery about a week ago, no luck :( 

My PC:

Just now, Wolfca said:

I tried replacing the CMOS battery about a week ago, no luck :( 

Tried RMAing your board?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Tried RMAing your board?

Could be worth a shot. But, as was mentioned before, is continuing to use a cheap-ish B350 board with ~$2k of of other components asking for trouble?

My PC: