Which of these 5 headsets is the best?

ManOfDisguise

NOTE: I know headsets suck compared to headphones but Im very limited to my choices. And overall I want a headset anyway because I want a all in one(headphones+mic) form factor. So please no "headsets suck get a nice pair of headphones" comments.

Now here are my choices that I made from the 0-150 euros budget:

Razer Kraken Pro

Steelseries Siberia V2

Razer Tiamat 2.2 version(not 7.1)

Razer Blackshark

Logitech G230

Which of these have the best audio quality? I will be using them 99.9% of the time for gaming, I DONT CARE ABOUT MUSIC QUALITY

I like how the Siberia V2 and Tiamat have that headband so that you dont have to adjust the headset yourself it just does it for you. I kinda dont like the giant non retractable mic on the BlackShark but other than that I really like the simplistic look of the Blackshark. The Kraken Pros like a bit too flashy(only green version avialable) for me I guess.

NOTE: I do NOT want 5.1 or 7.1 headsets, only stereo

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

steelseries or the logitech. I would suggest steelseries. it's an awesome thing!i have been a previous owner of the v2.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

steelseries or the logitech. I would suggest steelseries. it's an awesome thing!i have been a previous owner of the v2.

Steelseries Siberia V2

and from the V2s should i go with the USB version(10 more ueros) or the one with the classic 3.5mm jack?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

NOTE: I know headsets suck compared to headphones but Im very limited to my choices. And overall I want a headset anyway because I want a all in one(headphones+mic) form factor. So please no "headsets suck get a nice pair of headphones" comments.

Now here are my choices that I made from the 0-150 euros budget:

Razer Kraken Pro

Steelseries Siberia V2

Razer Tiamat 2.2 version(not 7.1)

Razer Blackshark

Logitech G230

Which of these have the best audio quality? I will be using them 99.9% of the time for gaming, I DONT CARE ABOUT MUSIC QUALITY

I like how the Siberia V2 and Tiamat have that headband so that you dont have to adjust the headset yourself it just does it for you. I kinda dont like the giant non retractable mic on the BlackShark but other than that I really like the simplistic look of the Blackshark. The Kraken Pros like a bit too flashy(only green version avialable) for me I guess.

NOTE: I do NOT want 5.1 or 7.1 headsets, only stereo

I prefer logitech but the steel series works as well.

I'd actually grab a SS now to change things up for gaming.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer logitech but the steel series works as well.

I'd actually grab a SS now to change things up for gaming.

im still deciding between the Siberia and Tiamat. the reason I chose these 2 is because of the headband. I really like the idea of the headst adjusting to you and not you adjustign the headset.

Specs of my PC:

Steelseries, Logitech or Corsair would be the best choices.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

and from the V2s should i go with the USB version(10 more ueros) or the one with the classic 3.5mm jack?

Depends. If you already have decent onboard or a dedicated sound card/dac, save some money and get the 3.5mm jack.

If not, get the usb version which also happens to be less hassle when it comes to drivers and such.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3.5mm jack. If you have a soundcard, you can plug it in there. But not a usb.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Headsets suck, get headphones and a zalman clipon, I stand by my comment

Steelseries Siberia V2

This

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I vote  G230's got a pair a few days ago they are great:)

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

The Zalman clipon sucks :D My friend has one and he called me on Comms and it sounded like crap.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I would strongly consider a razer carcharias headset. it's fucking comfortable

I'd pick the Siberia V2, just because it's lightyears ahead of Logitech G230 in comfort.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I would strongly consider a razer carcharias headset. it's fucking comfortable

Carcharias is for XB360.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

That wasn't one of the options.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Depends. If you already have decent onboard or a dedicated sound card/dac, save some money and get the 3.5mm jack.

If not, get the usb version which also happens to be less hassle when it comes to drivers and such.

Im not gona be usinga soundcard. The motherboard im gona be using isthe Gigabyte 990XA UD3. No clue if that has decent sound or not.

Specs of my PC:

GTFO

Specs of my PC:

Im not gona be usinga soundcard. The motherboard im gona be using isthe Gigabyte 990XA UD3. No clue if that has decent sound or not.

The sound is decent enough. I'd go with the 3.5mm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The sound is decent enough. I'd go with the 3.5mm.

k thanks. still kinda deciding between the Siberia 2 and the Tiamat 2,2. Every review Ive seen was extremely positive regarding the Tiamat, even Logans from Tek Syndicae. It has 2 virtual dirviers if im right which serve as subwoofers, hence why its calledTiamat 2.2. Tbh the Tiamat looks coolerand has just as good sound but has those subwoofers. Oh well only a few more hours and I will buy one

Specs of my PC:

It has 2 virtual dirviers if im right which serve as subwoofers, hence why its calledTiamat 2.2.

It has 2 physical drivers per ear, one full range and one subwoofer. So it is stereo but more bass, not sure about the quality though compared to the Steelseries.

Headset

It has 2 physical drivers per ear, one full range and one subwoofer. So it is stereo but more bass, not sure about the quality though compared to the Steelseries.

But then again Im tired of virtual sound gimmick stuff. It may or may not be a gimmick but i wont take the risk. lol I remember buying a Tritton PC510HDa headset and it was 5,1 and the damn thing had 5 or 6 3.5mm jacks! Like seriously? WHAT FOR? One was for the mic, then there wa a usb port I had both of these connected with one more 3,5mm jack but theother 3 were unused because I didnt have that many ports. You were supposed to use them all for the ture 5,1 audio or hwatevr bslike that. Never buying 5,1 or 7,1 again.

Specs of my PC:

But then again Im tired of virtual sound gimmick stuff. It may or may not be a gimmick but i wont take the risk. lol I remember buying a Tritton PC510HDa headset and it was 5,1 and the damn thing had 5 or 6 3.5mm jacks! Like seriously? WHAT FOR? One was for the mic, then there wa a usb port I had both of these connected with one more 3,5mm jack but theother 3 were unused because I didnt have that many ports. You were supposed to use them all for the ture 5,1 audio or hwatevr bslike that. Never buying 5,1 or 7,1 again.

Yes definitely stay clear of multiple drivers for surround, I assume this 2.2 is just for more bass, though not sure how well it can really work in practice being so close to the ears, is it more expensive than the Steelseries?

Headset

Yes definitely stay clear of multiple drivers for surround, I assume this 2.2 is just for more bass, though not sure how well it can really work in practice being so close to the ears, is it more expensive than the Steelseries?

Yea. Siberia V2 3,5mm- 80 euros

Tiamat 2,2- 100 euros

Specs of my PC: