Windows 10 activation codes

Xcelsior86

I've seen some sites where you can get windows product keys for cheap and want to know if they are actually valid and safe to use.

There some sites where you get valid keys, and others where you might get non valid keys. 

Even on ebay some of the really cheap ones are legit OEM / Systembuilders licences, while others are more kind of scammy.

You should always see that you get an installation media and the COA sticker with the licence key... 

I personally would not buy digital licences only from resellers. 

If you get sticker and DVD, you are mostly good to go. And if you get a receipt as well for your purchase and can show ms support the sticker as well as the receipt, they'll generate you a new one... happened to me once. Took a few minutes on the phone.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

They do work, however it's outside our Community Standards to recommend them.

• Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

My opinion: Always steer far, far away from people who ask for money in return for keys because there's a high chance that the seller has already sold that key. You'll be out the money anyway. As well, this is one of those "don't talk about Fight Club" rules. Listing websites that sell keys are both out terms in the community guidelines and doing so will also put a target on the seller website's back.

Thanks for the input.  Figured they were hit and miss.  I'll just get a valid key from Microsoft.  Wanting to upgrade one of my PC's from 10 home to pro.

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

They do work, however it's outside our Community Standards to recommend them.

Does the Reddit Microsoft Software Swap page also fall under that? If so, I'll stop recommending that on here. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Never had one issue with any keys I've bought knock on wood. I'd never pay retail or close to retail for a *valid* key. $15 is the max I'd pay.

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Does the Reddit Microsoft Software Swap page also fall under that? If so, I'll stop recommending that on here. 

It's a gray area, honestly. People may be selling legitimate software/activation keys, they may be selling cracked ones.

So yeah, it's a gray area but leaning more towards not allowed purely because there's no real way to tell the difference.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Under system there is a link that lets you change the editions of your Windows. Type in your CC and it should let you update to Pro. All it does it add the Pro features and takes like 5 to 10 minutes.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

12 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I'd never pay retail or close to retail for a *valid* key. $15 is the max I'd pay.

I would like to hear reason why and is this same for all software and games you use? I've heard really hilarious reasons in past, maybe yours actually is intelligent.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would like to hear reason why and is this same for all software and games you use? I've heard really hilarious reasons in past, maybe yours actually is intelligent.

Because Windows is bloatware and trash. Would you pay full price for something that you thought sucked? I purchase 95% of my games through Steam. Use alternative sites for the other 5%. Granted I hardly buy games outside of the big sales on Steam, but in a pinch I will go another route. At the end of the day it's to save money.. and it's worked. 

16 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

What @Crunchy Dragon said, grey areas aren't the best place. While the majority of license keys will work, those are most often VLK, and selling those are actually against MS terms of service, so if caught (it happened before) the employee in charge of that and the company can be thrown into a huge lawsuit, and the sold keys will get voided.

So worst case scenario for the buyer is having to buy a Windows key again.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I've done this through eBay on many occasions. Just make sure that the seller is selling them as keys from scrap PCs and can accept refunds. If so, you should be just fine.

- https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windows-10-license-new-pc/

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/is-it-legal-to-buy-windows-10-pro-oem-scrap-pc/02b8fea8-67f9-4e7f-b45e-d286ede730dd?auth=1

If you actually want to know whether your license key is valid/not blacklisted, I suggest simply calling Microsoft (on the phone). I've done this multiple times, and it works. 

47 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Because Windows is bloatware and trash. Would you pay full price for something that you thought sucked? I purchase 95% of my games through Steam. Use alternative sites for the other 5%. Granted I hardly buy games outside of the big sales on Steam, but in a pinch I will go another route. At the end of the day it's to save money.. and it's worked. 

Why then use such trash? You've just wasted $15 to something you knew to be trash. That doesn't sound practical or wise purchase. There are options. macOS for about same price (when you take off hardware, build quality and branding) or Linux/BSD for free. Granted one is bit of investment and other lacks still mainstream support. It actually sounds like you are paying for Windows because its cheap and shit. Rather than saving money by using alternative source.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Granted one is bit of investment and other lacks still mainstream support.

Exactly. I'm not going to restrict myself on content or usability, but I will restrict the amount of money I'm willing to pay for something.

I'll just stick to paying $15 and disabling a shit load of features. 

6 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Exactly. I'm not going to restrict myself on content or usability, but I will restrict the amount of money I'm willing to pay for something.

I'll just stick to paying $15 and disabling a shit load of features. 

Gotta admit that your "Paying for shit because I like it" is better than my previous favorite "paying less than retail for usability and full price for Mac because I can".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do you or any family / friends go to school? Usually grade school and universities have something in place to where you can get an Education licence for under $20 dollars its basically enterprise edition / pro.

I regret to say this, but If your really hard up for cash than you could just use it for awhile than pay later (not the best idea). I know of many people who simply never activated and nothing happens.