Whats the Best AntiVirus for 2018

My Subscription to Trend Micro Was running out and was wondering what the best AntiVirus is now.

Norton AntiVirus, just joking.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Windows defender and some caution is pretty good. As long as you think before you download, you shouldn't have any problems.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

47 minutes ago, Snapperx said:

Your brain and NoScript.

i see this garbage every time. have fun with websites not functioning properly or allow the scripts on them anyway. when the website you allowed scripts on gets hacked/injected with script youre fucked...

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

12 minutes ago, Neftex said:

i see this garbage every time. have fun with websites not functioning properly or allow the scripts on them anyway. when the website you allowed scripts on gets hacked/injected with script youre fucked...

True.

1 hour ago, Rasbir Singh said:
Norton AntiVirus, just joking.

I tried the trial for a couple days, the software wasn't good :0

I think that windows defender is the best especially if you have windows abd plus it is free 

43 minutes ago, Neftex said:

31 minutes ago, Mibzy said:

True.

Thats why you you only allow scripts on sites that you trust.
Me and many other people (a lot of people who work with pentesting or IT in general) are using that method without any problems except for giving up some convenience.
You should have windows defender anyways as a last resort.
What would you recommend? I suggest you read the article linked by @Captain Chaos. There are even more downsides.

Edit: Also it gives you more privacy.

7 minutes ago, Snapperx said:

Thats why you you only allow scripts on sites that you trust.

what will happen when the "trusted" site is hacked/injected with script? (thats my point, youre fucked)

i dont have a recommendation because lets be honest theres not a definitive answer. antivirus software is better/worse throughout the time.

as for my opinion? windows defender is unusable for me as i dont have windows updates running constantly so the virus definitions wouldnt update.

12 minutes ago, Neftex said:

windows defender is unusable for me as i dont have windows updates running constantly so the virus definitions wouldnt update.

Defender doesn't rely on Windows Update, so no need to worry about that.  It has its own update mechanism.

EDIT : Actually I'm not sure about defender, I was thinking about MSE when I replied.  Defender may indeed use WinUpdate.

EDIT2 : Apparently you can get Defender to do its thing without having to enable Windows Update.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update-windows-defender-automatic-windows-updates-disabled

8 minutes ago, Neftex said:

what will happen when the "trusted" site is hacked/injected with script? (thats my point, youre fucked)

If one of those sites get hacked then that site has a way bigger problem and you would get fucked anyways.
With NoScript you don't get fucked that easily since when you land on a shady site by accident you are some kind protected if you don't use it you are not. Do some thinking there and see which one is worse.

8 minutes ago, Neftex said:

as i dont have windows updates running constantly

Ok you lost me there. Not even updating your OS is just reckless and it is because of people like you that windows forces updates to keep them safe.
Just shows me that you don't really care in general about your security very much.

11 minutes ago, Snapperx said:

If one of those sites get hacked then that site has a way bigger problem and you would get fucked anyways.
With NoScript you don't get fucked that easily since when you land on a shady site by accident you are some kind protected if you don't use it you are not. Do some thinking there and see which one is worse.

Ok you lost me there. Not even updating your OS is just reckless and it is because of people like you that windows forces updates to keep them safe.
Just shows me that you don't really care in general about your security very much.

im just pointing out noscript and brain wont save you from everything. neither does AV but if the malicious script ran and AV had its definition, the AV would save you unlike your noscript

secondly i didnt say i never run updates. i just dont let microsoft push their garbage untested shit on my machine whenever they want. if you didnt notice yet there were huge issues multiple times a year caused by their updates, sometimes forcing full reinstall of the system. windows 10 users are used to test updates before theyre pushed to business and i dont want to be part of the test crowd.

1 minute ago, Neftex said:

the AV would save you

Or the AV is the software that is being exploited.

2 minutes ago, Neftex said:

windows 10 users are used to test updates before theyre pushed to business and i dont want to be part of the test crowd.

I get you there but you should still do it regular enough.

Windows Defender is good enough if you are a little careful downloading files. I don't use another antivirus program anymore.

But if you still want a antivirus program then I'd recommend Avast or Kaspersky.