Please help!!!

samuel990705
Go to solution Solved by ReaperIsRollen,

Without more information, we can only speculate.

Most likely reason is the schools WiFi you are using is most likely just overloaded at times from the sheer amount of users connected at once to it. Wifi is a Half Duplex communication method, meaning only one pair of devices can transmit data (in one direction) to each other at a time. This limitation is minimized by the Access Point (the device providing Wifi) giving each connected device a time-frame to communicate with it, and adding more antennas to allow more simultaneous communications at a time. 

Enterprise Wifi at a campus may have many antennas, as typically many APs are joined together as one, but regardless, once the amount of users devices (and bandwidth demanded) exceed what the network was probably originally designed for, the amount of usable bandwidth available becomes noticeably smaller and smaller to everyone.

Second guess, the campuses available bandwidth from the ISP could also be getting overloaded.

Could be a lot of things, more then likely something is getting overloaded or close to it. Ask somebody else in your building to run a speed-test. This link is a good resource for that: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Hey guys,

So its been about 2 months since I have built my new pc and I have ran into a problem.

Here is the part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4jfwTH

The wifi speed has always been a little unstable, so I thought maybe its just the school's wifi. However, today it has hit an all time low of 30kB/s, and it is usually 50-60 kB/s. I ran the speed test on another laptop of mine and got around 70-80kB/s. This is really odd. I do have the drivers installed and updated. I am extremely worried if I got a defective motherboard (Maximus X hero WIFI-AC), and that is causing the problem. Is there any way to check this?

Thanks so much guys. 

I don't think your motherboard is defective.
You just got incredibly slow and unstable wi-fi.

You also mentioned that you are in a school - so I guess you are probably not the only one using the internet there and therefor it becomes even more unstable.

Check with other users in the school first to see if they are having similar issues, then try using an ethernet cable if you have that option available to you.

Without more information, we can only speculate.

Most likely reason is the schools WiFi you are using is most likely just overloaded at times from the sheer amount of users connected at once to it. Wifi is a Half Duplex communication method, meaning only one pair of devices can transmit data (in one direction) to each other at a time. This limitation is minimized by the Access Point (the device providing Wifi) giving each connected device a time-frame to communicate with it, and adding more antennas to allow more simultaneous communications at a time. 

Enterprise Wifi at a campus may have many antennas, as typically many APs are joined together as one, but regardless, once the amount of users devices (and bandwidth demanded) exceed what the network was probably originally designed for, the amount of usable bandwidth available becomes noticeably smaller and smaller to everyone.

Second guess, the campuses available bandwidth from the ISP could also be getting overloaded.

Could be a lot of things, more then likely something is getting overloaded or close to it. Ask somebody else in your building to run a speed-test. This link is a good resource for that: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest