Currently on Xperia Z1, looking for upgrade

Helo,

Currently I am on my trusty Xperia Z1 but it starts to show age (lagging, parts falling apart, battery capacity). 

As I am on tight budget I was considering Xiaomi redmi 5 plus. What appeals to me:

-big 6inch screen

-4000 mah battery

-Fast fingerprint scanner

What I am worried about:

-Is snapdragon 625 even an upgrade on snapdragon 800? 

-is xiaomi camera much worse than Sony z1? (camera is not a dealbreaker but I don't want absolute crap)

Please post your thoughts, mainly if this is even an upgrade, or if I should stay away from that device. (I am aware of missing b20 lte).

Krait and Cortex A53 aren't too far apart in IPC, though the high clock speed in the SD800 will allow it to pull ahead in tasks taking 1-4 threads. The GPU difference is much more substantial, losing about half the performance with the Adreno 506 vs the Adreno 330.

However, power efficiency and thermals are greatly in favor of the SD625, so much so that it will probably draw even or even pull ahead of the SD800 once throttling sets in. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

50 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How about the Redmi Note 5 Pro?

It may look like the Redmi 5 Plus, but take note of the chipset, RAM and main camera

I guess that redmi note 5 pro would be futureproofing however I cannot justify +100 USD for cpu and camera upgrade.

I am not playing intensive games, but I need a phone that will help me kill time on long flights.

24 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

However, power efficiency and thermals are greatly in favor of the SD625, so much so that it will probably draw even or even pull ahead of the SD800 once throttling sets in. 

That is a very interesting point of view. My Z1 gets really hot at times, even while playing light games or streaming videos, I wonder how much does it throttle. Are there any thermal comparisons for those chips?

I guess this is due to newer 16nm design?

I am always trying to get most bang for the buck so I am mostly browsing aliexpress (I live in Eu, some reputable shops have DHL option 9-16 days). I have ordered from aliexpress before and it was fine. I guess my budget is around 150-200 USD. Other phones I was considering before finding redmi 5 plus were honor 9 lite and honor 7x (slightly above my budget).

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know. Page proposed by huilun02 helped me make up my mind. Decided to go for redmi 5 plus 4gb/64gb version and I am really satisfied. Seems that's going from 2013 flagship to 2017 budget mid ranger is an upgrade in every department. Also Zodiark1593 was right about temps, phone has no heating issues thanks to that SoC.