Need help with choosing a headset.

ArchGamer

Hello Everyone,

I am looking into buying a headset to go along with the pc I am currently. Through research and watching review videos I have narrowed my choices to the Corsair HS50 and the Void Pro. Which one is better in terms of sound quality,durability and mic clarity?

Thank you in advance

~ArchGamer

Well, not to question your decision, but is there a reason for those two? The budget is 50-60 dollars?  I dont own either so I can't say much to answer personally, but I believe Dmitry at Hardware Canucks prefers the Void Pro.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

6 hours ago, AAJoe said:

Well, not to question your decision, but is there a reason for those two? The budget is 50-60 dollars?  I don't own either so I can't say much to answer personally, but I believe Dmitry at Hardware Canucks prefers the Void Pro.

Yeah, the reason is mainly build quality as both the Void Pro and HS50 seem to be really well made. When it comes to budget I do not really have a set limit but I am trying to save money if it's possible since extra money is always good.

Go with real headphones over a headset. Something like the Status Audio CB-1 and Vmoda Boompro.

While I agree with @Max_Settings (though I obviously prefer the ModMic, lol) - if the goal is the ballpark of 50 dollars there's not many options for standalone mic + headphones. Plenty of options if you're looking at spending $100-$150.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

32 minutes ago, AAJoe said:

While I agree with @Max_Settings (though I obviously prefer the ModMic, lol) - if the goal is the ballpark of 50 dollars there's not many options for standalone mic + headphones. Plenty of options if you're looking at spending $100-$150.

While I will give you that the Modmic 5 has better mic quality, the Boompro is a better design. It reduces the cables to one instead of 2 like the Modmic. If you have headphones that can take a Boompro, I will always recommend that and it's close to half as much. But for headphones that can't take a Boompro, or the 2.5mm variant, then yes the Modmic is what to get.