(especially German ppl) Looking for a new phone with contract

Rappalores

My current phone sucks and is so damn slow, battery life is trash although I replaced the battery, was sent into maintenance for a failed mainboard already ect.

Spoiler

never ever will I get a LG phone again

>:(

I was thinking of getting a phone with a nice contract, as an apprentice this comes in handier than buying a phone completely new.... - looking for 2, even better if 4 GB Data flat to come with it. Since I live in Germany - what operators are best? I've heard Vodafone and T-kom are best because best coverage, but I also heard that o2 and Base improved a lot. As for apps, I use Snapchat and Whatsapp a lot, listen to music and watch videos occassionally but even this seems to be too much for my phone to handle. The keyboard should feel good and also be precise unlike the one on my current phone

What would you recommend me?

Cheers

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

GROUP B - The Golden Era of Rallying :x

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1843 ($491 with sales)
  • Games owned: 129
  • Games played: 103 (79%)
  • Hours on record: 6,564.3h

I'm currently with o2 and I'm pretty happy so far.
Relatively good coverage and good prices.

Currently I pay 24,99€ for 10GB of data - including the same amount of data in other EU countries and unlimited calls and sms.

Then another 22,50€ for the Galaxy S8.

If you are already in the second or third year of your apprenticeship, banks probably won't approve a financing contract for a phone, as those usually run for 2 years and by then your apprenticeship has ended. Buying a phone directly from a retailer will save you a lot of money anyways. I wouldn't want to get into a contract ever again.

20 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I'm currently with o2 and I'm pretty happy so far.
Relatively good coverage and good prices.

Currently I pay 24,99€ for 10GB of data - including the same amount of data in other EU countries and unlimited calls and sms.

Then another 22,50€ for the Galaxy S8.

If you are already in the second or third year of your apprenticeship, banks probably won't approve a financing contract for a phone, as those usually run for 2 years and by then your apprenticeship has ended. Buying a phone directly from a retailer will save you a lot of money anyways. I wouldn't want to get into a contract ever again.

Still a freshman :D

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

21 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

This. I also used a provider with the O2 network and was happy with it but sometimes I wished that I had the coverage of Vodafone. Don't like Telekom for some of their practices. In general Vodafone and Telekom are more expensive than O2.

And BTW it is North Rhine-Westphalia

1 minute ago, Snapperx said:

Don't like Telekom for some of their practices.

True!
Having a contract with Telekom is like having a contract with the devil. You're selling your soul.

I could've gotten 10GB LTE + S8 for 30€ on o2 as special offer.

Problem being that o2 has only UMTS or GSM coverage in my area and only UMTS in the area of my workplace, which Tkom has not (they got LTE everywhere there).

On one side I want a new phone with some better data contract (instead of my non LTE 2GB one) but again, buying a phone seperately is no option. Even Vodafone is pretty shitty in my area, some LTE here and there but that's it. Some friends who are customers of Vodafone claim they have trash customer support.

Just some Example contracts:

Vodafone: 39.99€ first 12 months for Young M + S9; 13th-24th month 47,99€ + 40.99€ for the phone and the "Anschlussgebühr" - connection fee

Telekom: 48,11€ for 24 months MagentaMobil M + S8 with free StreamOn Music (streaming music won't affect my remaining data), 99,95€ for the phone and also 39.95€ connection fee. 54.95€ starting on 25th month.

Jesus Christ who would've thought it'd be this expensive....

P.S. both 4GB