Basic Server for running 2 Seperate virtual machines

Go to solution Solved by jde3,

VM's over provision the ram the system actually needs a lot of the time. Have you considered containers? They don't work for everything but are much much more efficient.

(FreeBSD Jails are awesome)

30 minutes ago, jde3 said:

This isn't new stuff. Before kubernetes was cfengine. Remember MySpace? They had this problem, they would put untested development code into production all the time and they would look on the site to see if anyone had a problem.. what would happen to them is if people couldn't get to the site they would have NO IDEA it wasn't running correctly. But its all good because they were "agile" right?

you definitely very opinionated and against new style of doing things, and you definitely seem to not know about the new tools and observability capabilities we have nowadays.

almost no one runs untested development code on prod, at least not companies that have a stable product, but that does not mean that they are not running say canary releases, and i can assure you when running canary style deployments they know specifically whats failing, how and who are the users experiencing the failures.

that's totally fine btw, you may be working in environments where containers, moving fast and monitoring everything may not be possible or plausible, but that does not mean there are not people doing it at scale perfectly fine out there.

Ya I'll bet it's a dream come true. All your core dumps are like poetry I'm sure. I don't know what this has to do with containers in VM's anymore though so.. right on man.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law