Can Ryzen handle Nvidia cards in an SLI format?

Robert Morgan

This is probably a really dumb question, but here it goes. I"m not seeing a lot of prebuilt consumer desktops (okay, none) that have Ryzen CPUs and dual SLI Nvidia cards. Is Ryzen and/or Ryzen-based motherboards able to handle SLI? Or, is this more than likely simply a choice made by the manufacturer of said systems? I've been looking at Dell, HP, etc., and there seem to be no shortage of Ryzen based systems with AMD graphics, but nothing specifically with dual SLI cards. I do a ton of 3D rendering using Iray and 3D printing, so dual Nvidia cards would seem to be the way to go for me.

Thank you!

0C9A0791-Edit.thumb.jpg.3b799d0d132d009b1dc3517c775fa0da.jpg

Yeah. I'm using it in mine.

Depends on the board.  Not all MOBO with 2 x16 slots will do SLI.  Check the spec on the home page to be sure. 

Looks like most z370 yes, some b350 No.  Like i said, check before you buy if this is a feature you want.

As @TheGlenlivet said, it depends on the surrounding hardware, but yes.

yes.

Spoiler

also, the Glenlivet ad is on my list of "top 10 dumb ads"

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Do you want to build a pc or buy one prebuilt ?If you want more a work station pc look at the threadripper 1900x its the 8 core one but has 64 pci lanes so you can 4 video cards or 2 like you want and a lot of m.2s