Questions regarding new PC build.

HelloI've been putting together some money and Have decided to get these items -
- Ryzen 1600 w/ H100iV2 watercooling solution

- NZXT S350 Mid ATX Tower (glossy white steel )

- G.Skill DDr4 Ram @ 3200 Mhz (2x8gb) 16gb worth 

- All Atop a B350- plus Motherboard AM4

What Im upgrading from -

-FX 8350 watercooled single 120mm radiator runs at a constant 4.34 Ghz

- m5a99fx pro r2.0

- other stuff that is so old i dont even feel the need to go on about it. 

The reason for this post is that, as you may have noticed; I haven't included any gpu specs. That's because I've been using an 8Gb R9 390 for gaming, and paired with my FX 8350 8 core i've been using it does quite well, around 140+ FPS mostly maxxed out in 1080p. The reason I haven't included any specs until now about my gpu is because I really really want this free-sync monitor that is 2k and 144hz. The Acer XG270HU Red 27' 144hz free sync. It looks pretty neat. 

The fact of the matter is that I will have kind of an odd ball PC. I doubt anyone would have ever ran this card in 2k with the Ryzen 1600 or 1600x and if anyone on this forum has, please, let me know how it does! Because If I get this monitor and It require me to upgrade GPU's im just going to get a 1080ti and call it quits., but Of course that will take some saving up and I'd like to know ahead of time what I should do about this monitor. and the Question is, get it or not ?

This is my first post, so be nice, and everything is up for discussion as I have decided to hold out buying anything until i know what I should do about this dilemma. Thanks ^_^

5 minutes ago, Rob Walsh said:

HelloI've been putting together some money and Have decided to get these items -

What Im upgrading from -

- m5a99fx pro r2.0

The reason for this post is that, as you may have noticed; I haven't included any gpu specs. That's because I've been using an 8Gb R9 390 for gaming, and paired with my FX 8350 8 core i've been using it does quite well, around 140+ FPS mostly maxxed out in 1080p. The reason I haven't included any specs until now about my gpu is because I really really want this free-sync monitor that is 2k and 144hz. The Acer XG270HU Red 27' 144hz free sync. It looks pretty neat. 

The fact of the matter is that I will have kind of an odd ball PC. I doubt anyone would have ever ran this card in 2k with the Ryzen 1600 or 1600x and if anyone on this forum has, please, let me know how it does! Because If I get this monitor and It require me to upgrade GPU's im just going to get a 1080ti and call it quits., but Of course that will take some saving up and I'd like to know ahead of time what I should do about this monitor. and the Question is, get it or not ?

This is my first post, so be nice, and everything is up for discussion as I have decided to hold out buying anything until i know what I should do about this dilemma. Thanks ^_^

If you can afford a 1080 TI, why don’t you get a G-Sync monitor.

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

If you can afford a 1080 TI, why don’t you get a G-Sync monitor.

Well, this is why I wanted to talk about it first before buying anything. Right now, I cannot afford one. The prices of a 1080ti have been widely inflated due to BC Miners and other things. 

Should be mentioned that I have an AMD system right now, and If it can run in 2k 144hz im not going to be upgrading to 1080ti or gsync

7 minutes ago, Rob Walsh said:

What Im upgrading from -

- m5a99fx pro r2.0

It could handle at 2k but absolutely not at 144hz, if you have the money for  a 1080ti, go for it

I doubt anyone has tried, but you say the card is an 8gb? What type of vram is it? GDDR5? 

Ps: If you want a good (cheaper) gpu, try the used market 

Just now, Carbide X said:

It could handle at 2k but absolutely not at 144hz, if you have the money for  a 1080ti, go for it

What exactly am I looking at for 144hz? I should mention also I get better FPS at 144hz on the 1080p I currently own.

Just now, Hyperthread18 said:

I doubt anyone has tried, but you say the card is an 8gb? What type of vram is it? GDDR5? 

Ps: If you want a good (cheaper) gpu, try the used market 

That's a good idea, and it is GDDR5 I believe, let me check.

However, vram affects video settings, not fps. But I agree with Carbide, it prob can't handle 144hz 2k combined.

Whether you should get that monitor depends completely on the games you will be playing on it. Given you say you currently get 140+ FPS at 1080p, I assume the games you play aren't very intensive, but there's not enough detail here to give a definitive answer.

It is GDDR5. Really, It does run about as good as my brothers intel and 1070 system at 144hz.. I Wouldn't be surprised at it under performing at 2k. 

So if 144hz is out of the question for this card in 2k I'm not sure I want to give up 144hz at all.

Just now, Hyperthread18 said:

However, vram affects video settings, not fps. But I agree with Carbide, it prob can't handle 144hz 2k combined.

quote him so he gets a notification.

5 minutes ago, Rob Walsh said:

What exactly am I looking at for 144hz? I should mention also I get better FPS at 144hz on the 1080p I currently own.

honestly. Upgrade the cpu and ram and whatever but if you get above 144 fps on 1080p, just buy a 144hz 1080p monitor. All the new titles are becoming more demanding and it would be a shame if you couldnt handle those new games at 144 hz at 2k

I have 150 games on steam and a few on origin. my most played games include ( ready yourselves for a list )

- Warthunder 60-70fps

- Battlefield 1 100fps or more
- Rainbow six siege I can cap it at 144fps if i want because it runs great
- ARMA 60fps ( cpu )

- BF4 100+fps
- Escape from tarkov 70-80 lows are usually bad in this and arma around 12 fps

- dayz garbage game gets terrible fps at any graphics setting

other games i've forgotten to mention I can pull up later if you want more.

Also I try to make my games run as good as possible while not sacrificing looks. So Usually everything Is maxed out unless it runs bad, then I just adjust AA and it runs good again. 

5 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

Whether you should get that monitor depends completely on the games you will be playing on it. Given you say you currently get 144 FPS at 1080p, I assume the games you play aren't very intensive, but there's not enough detail here to give a definitive answer.

3 minutes ago, Carbide X said:

quote him so he gets a notification.

honestly. Upgrade the cpu and ram and whatever but if you get above 144 fps on 1080p, just buy a 144hz 1080p monitor. All the new titles are becoming more demanding and it would be a shame if you couldnt handle those new games at 144 hz at 2k

thanks for that. Makes a lot of sense, and honestly If I do upgrade my GPU I'll probably try to find a 240hz monitor. Just wanted to see if I could do 2k at 144hz purely out of curiosity. This monitor costs as much as my 1080p 144hz acer I bought last year.

Just now, Rob Walsh said:

thanks for that. Makes a lot of sense, and honestly If I do upgrade my GPU I'll probably try to find a 240hz monitor. Just wanted to see if I could do 2k at 144hz purely out of curiosity. This monitor costs as much as my 1080p 144hz acer I bought last year.

Please dont buy a 240hz monitor... They are so expensive and you cant even see that much of a difference when gaming compared to 144hz

430 USD on newegg for a 1080p 27inch 240hz lol

Then there's not much to say: moving up to 1440p will have a commensurate effect on your frame rate; feel free to look up benchmarks.

If you're OK with that, get the monitor; if not, don't, or get a new GPU when you get the monitor. Just make sure it's an AMD one.

So everything off the table. 2k is too much at 144hz for this gpu, and im NOT getting a vega because theyre too expensive for not that great of performance. It's gonna be well over 1,000 usd to upgrade my pc to where i would like it,. after this point of CPU upgrades etc

here's an interesting video i've found. but its 60hz

1 minute ago, Rob Walsh said:

So everything off the table. 2k is too much at 144hz for this gpu, 

yes

here's an interesting video i've found. but its 60hz

i watched the same one but honestly, just stick with your current gpu and maybe buy a 144hz 1080p monitor

Just now, Carbide X said:

i watched the same one but honestly, just stick with your current gpu and maybe buy a 144hz 1080p monitor

I have a 144hz 1080p - here's another video of 1440p at 144hz with my gpu

looks kind of stuttery 

looks kind of stuttery 

BUT its at 120- 140 fps