Thredripper 1900x low benchmark scores. help?

So i just bought my system and am running some benchmarks to test it out. my brother has a 1700x running at 3.8ghz that beats my 1900x's ass. Me, my brother and another buddy that has some previous knowledge ocing and generally pc building and testing are all baffled at what might cause my low scores. 
does anyone have similar exp, or any idea what we might be overlooking? 

1700x scores 9500 points in Time spy and 1680 in CinaBench @ 3.8ghz
1900x scores 6500 points in Time spy and 1810 in CinaBench @ 4.2ghz (scores 1450 in CB on Factoryclocked with boost)
why so unconsistant?

one thing we noticed that seemed weird was that it looked like the 1900x downclocked Some of its cores randomly to half speed both when idle (which seems resonable) but also while Benching.
NB: Taken after a benchmark, that why its idle %

29748505_1846828568701531_262980332_o.thumb.jpg.242da589fac11a59a7680ff3b585df66.jpg

Any help here would be superb. 
Thx 
SlickWizard

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Are you running in game mode? You have the numa problem here.

Game mode? Time spy or what do you meen. im using the free version (as is my borther with the 1700x) 
and i cant alter any of the settings for the bench.

1 minute ago, SlickWizard said:

Game mode? Time spy or what do you meen. im using the free version (as is my borther with the 1700x) 
and i cant alter any of the settings for the bench.

there is a game mode for threadripper than changes how memory is ued and gives better performance in games Look in ryzen master.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

there is a game mode for threadripper than changes how memory is ued and gives better performance in games Look in ryzen master.

I read up on Numa problem and 1900x and found what u ment yeah. il check out game mode. but said in the post i read it had latency problems due to cross die connectivity. i guess i got my answer why it benches worse. so thx m8! makes alot of sence now that ive read up about numa. 

What about the RAM? Which frequencies is it running at on the 1700X/1900X?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to post something after you solved it

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

2 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

What about the RAM? Which frequencies is it running at on the 1700X/1900X?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to post something after you solved it

Thats alright m8!
1700x is running with 16gb 3200 16,16,16,36
1900x is running with 16gb 2666(oc'd to 2933 16,16,16,37) could probbly get them to 3200. just havent gotten that far yet.

12 minutes ago, SlickWizard said:

Thats alright m8!
1700x is running with 16gb 3200 16,16,16,36
1900x is running with 16gb 2666(oc'd to 2933 16,16,16,37) could probbly get them to 3200. just havent gotten that far yet.

What about the configurations?

PS: Thanks for being cool about it :P

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

2 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

What about the configurations?

PS: Thanks for being cool about it :P

thinking about the timings or the rest of the builds? (confused)
ur just helping :D why whould i!

So both the 1900x and 1700x have 8 cores and 16 threads. You have an advantage with cache and PCIE lanes, but you have a disadvantage with the interconnect between the 2 dies you have. IIRC, the interconnect runs at the same frequency as your memory. So if you get that clocking higher that will give you a boost.

But in a realistic world, unless you're doing something that is very demanding of cache or PCIE lanes, that 1700x is going to be a bit faster than you.

19 hours ago, SlickWizard said:

thinking about the timings or the rest of the builds? (confused)
ur just helping :D why whould i!

I mean the channel configurations: Are you running dual channel on the 1700X  and single channel on the 1900X?

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

This is actually normal for the chip tbh. 

The 1900x splits the cores up in 4 ccx's and 2 dies. The 1700x uses a single die and 2 ccx's. The inter-numa overhead is causing those performance drops, just like a dual cpu setup. 

Amd made "game mode" for that chip, which can improve performance. Try it

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case