Turn a PC into 2?

TomW88

Hey everyone!

I think this is possible! Is there a way I can turn my desktop PC into two? Guessing it will be the use of virtual machines obviously.

Let me know your tips :)

-Tom

Make a 2nd user account on your PC, then open Remote Desktop Connection -> in Computer field put 127.0.0.2 and hit connect, now put in the username and password you put for the new account on your PC and you'll have turned your desktop PC into two.

Easiest way possible.

+ you are fucking lucky, nobody else on earth would reply this shit ^  I just happened to read your thread at the right time you lucky sob ;)

But I am wanting to have two monitors, two mouses etc... 

Acting like a separate computer, so has it's own partition on the hardrive.

Check out this guys channel. They aren't that well known but they have some good videos on doing exactly what you are looking for.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

haha! Thanks, did not know Linus did one, I'll check it out :)

7 minutes ago, erniuss said:

Make a 2nd user account on your PC, then open Remote Desktop Connection -> in Computer field put 127.0.0.2 and hit connect, now put in the username and password you put for the new account on your PC and you'll have turned your desktop PC into two.

That doesn't do anything. Having two users in the same PC, even if simultaneously logged in, is not the same as having two PCs, physically or virtually.

OP: You can take the LTT route, or you can just use a hypervisor from within your current OS, such as Virtualbox or  VMware's (paid) stuff.

11 minutes ago, TomW88 said:

But I am wanting to have two monitors, two mouses etc... 

Acting like a separate computer, so has it's own partition on the hardrive.

Pluralinput + the trick above, else there is some software ThinXPand (whatever it's named, I forgot, something like that, maybe someone can reply with the correct name)

If you want to do it in a VM it's quite simple, you just put the VM in fullscreen on your 2nd monitor and go to USB devices in your hypervisor and select your mouse, keyboard and forward it to the VM. Very simple and the UI should be intuitive enough to show how, else YouTube is your friend. "How to pass keyboard and mouse to vm"

6 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That doesn't do anything. Having two users in the same PC, even if simultaneously logged in, is not the same as having two PCs, physically or virtually.

OP: You can take the LTT route, or you can just use a hypervisor from within your current OS, such as Virtualbox or  VMware's (paid) stuff.

I know that it's not, OP's question was very vague and broad so I took a shot in the dark as to what he was trying to accomplish.