How to power all my drives?

Hi everyone!

I have run into a mild issue regarding powering all my storage drives. I have a cooler master 500W PSU which has 2 sata power cables, each with 3 connectors along the cable. I also have an SSD and 2 spinning disk HDDs. Previously, I had connected one cable to two drives and the second cable to the remaining drive (the drives are in a drive cage in my Cooler Master Masterbox 5 white edition with tempered glass side panel). Subsequently I installed an RGB fan controller for my RGB fans which required Sata power. So I unplugged the third drive and plugged in the RGB controller. Now, the first cable DOES have 3 connectors, but the third connector isn't positioned well enough to connect to the drive. And the second cable is positioned away from the drive cage, making it hard to use that one as well. Is there a sata female to male extension cable in the market? would it be janky af? or should I just get a molex to sata power to power the remaining drive? And yes, I need all the drives connected as I use them.

Please help. I'm currently without my third drive.

Thanks in advance!

Varun

My Rig:

AMD R5 1600; Asus Prime B350M-A, 2x8GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz RAM, Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6G, Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 500W PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Sata SSD, WD Blue 1TB (steam library), WD Blue 4TB (Miscellaneous Storage), 2xCooler Master Air Balance RGB case fans, 1 NZXT Hue+ for case Lighting, all within a Cooler Master Masterbox 5 White Edition Chassis.

2 minutes ago, Varun Kamath said:

Is there a sata female to male extension cable in the market? should I just get a molex to sata power to power the remaining drive?

Yes, either would be fine. Go with whichever you prefer. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Both options will work, just make sure you get a good quality adapter/extender because cheap chinese ones are more likely to light on fire.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@WoodenMarker @Enderman Thanks! I think I will go with the female to male extension

My Rig:

AMD R5 1600; Asus Prime B350M-A, 2x8GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz RAM, Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6G, Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 500W PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Sata SSD, WD Blue 1TB (steam library), WD Blue 4TB (Miscellaneous Storage), 2xCooler Master Air Balance RGB case fans, 1 NZXT Hue+ for case Lighting, all within a Cooler Master Masterbox 5 White Edition Chassis.