Is it possible to get magnetic fans ...

Bhav

I dont mean the crap that Corsair have branded as magnetic levitation fans, but fans that could stick to a case via magnets?

My mini ITX case has metallic sides with an open grill that I would like to possibly stick a fan or two to, preferably USB ones that can also be powered externally.

Or maybe I might need to attempt some kind of ghetto mod with cellotape.

Linus is my fetish.

10 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I dont mean the crap that Corsair have branded as magnetic levitation fans, but fans that could stick to a case via magnets?

My mini ITX case has metallic sides with an open grill that I would like to possibly stick a fan or two to, preferably USB ones that can also be powered externally.

Or maybe I might need to attempt some kind of ghetto mod with cellotape.

You can always get some neodymium magnets and glue them to the frame of the fan for ease of mounting and removal if your going for that. 

I mean, you could buy some round neodymium magnets and epoxy them in the fan screw holes. Why stop there? Instead of powering though 5v USB where a 12v fan will be running very low rpm, epoxy more magnets to each fan blade, gut the stator inside the fan, then epoxy more magnets inside the fan casing pointing at an angle at the blades to end up with a completely magnetic fan

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

19 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I dont mean the crap that Corsair have branded as magnetic levitation fans

By far the best fans I've ever owned.  Six 140mm fans and my computer is almost silent. ;)

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

By far the best fans I've ever owned.  Six 140mm fans and my computer is almost silent. ;)

I didnt mean theyre crap fans. They're crap because they're all that come up when I try googling for magnetic fans.

Linus is my fetish.

Small zipties.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430