What type of currencies will be good to mine

I would like to start off by saying I haven't ever mined and don't know a ton about it, that being said, I want to know what type of cryptocurrencies you think will have a huge price increase within the next year or so. I only have a 1050 Ti and am looking to mine something light that might skyrocket soon or something. Are there such things as currencies that don't work your card too hard? I don't want to mine heavy because this is my gaming PC and I wouldn't want to ruin it. 

mining usually means trying to get the most for the fastest amount of time so usually miners are all 100% GPU utilization

probably nothing as a 1050ti can't mine fast and takes a lot of power 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

mining usually means trying to get the most for the fastest amount of time so usually miners are all 100% GPU utilization

probably nothing as a 1050ti can't mine fast and takes a lot of power 

Is there at least a crypto currency you know of that is likely to rise a ton?

Just now, norgans said:

Is there at least a crypto currency you know of that is likely to rise a ton?

bitcoin

eth

bitcoin cash

monero

you mining now for profit, or mining now to hodl for a century to see a return of $10? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

This is a bad time to be getting into mining.

*looks over at his dilapidated, gutted mining rig that's had its GPUs removed and installed in other computers*

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

bitcoin

eth

bitcoin cash

monero

you mining now for profit, or mining now to hodl for a century to see a return of $10? 

Well, if you say a gtx 1050 ti wouldn't be the best, I don't have the money to spend putting together a rig so for mining. Right now, I would be more interested in investing. Even if it's just something like $20, that could snowball, right?

Use something like Nicehash, which automatically mines the most profitable coins at any given time and uses both the CPU and GPU to mine when appropriate. You're not going to make much money, maybe $30 a month in profit with a 1050ti and something like a Ryzen 5 1600, but it's a little extra at least. It does depend though on what CPU you have too, some higher end Intel CPU's for example aren't as good at mining as present and even older AMD CPU's, because of their level 3 cache sizes.

Warning, crypto investors: You must pay taxes on your bitcoin
By Kari Paul
Published: Mar 18, 2018 12:36 p.m. ET

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sorry-america-you-have-to-pay-taxes-on-your-bitcoin-heres-how-2018-02-21

If you make over a certain dollar amount in the US, your information will be sent to the IRS.  

How about a real job?

Or invest into stocks, if you really want to gamble your money away.

It's also possible to simply buy lottery tickets if you want to gamble.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you can mine Electronium, Raven, and a bunch of other small alt-coins fairly profitably. the 1050ti is a little champ at mining 15mh/s. it wont net you a large return, but it will get you some currency to hodl for awhile and see where it goes. I'm assuming your not coming into this as a hard player more of a hobbiest and there is nothing wrong with taking a stab at it.