new to ltt need help with cpu

hi everyone I have a fx 9590 ( I know it junk lol now) but the speed in which its running at is super low it shows base is 4.7ghz but I'm running at 1.36ghz don't know why if anyone could help I would appreciate it

4 minutes ago, leegro said:

is 12- 17% idle?

Yes, give it a workload and it will rise to 4.7ghz no problem. I have a 7700k with a base of 4.2ghz, at idle it will run at 1.3ghz, but under load it rises to 4.5ghz. So no problem there.

yep could be, stress test it with some benchmark and see in cpu-z what is the clock.

just loaded thehunt call of the wild game look said utilization 30%same 1.36ghz

3 minutes ago, leegro said:

just loaded thehunt call of the wild game look said utilization 30%same 1.36ghz

Do an AIDA64 stress test, not a game load. 30% is not enough to boost it up

What motherboard?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 hour ago, CapitalistVN said:

how do I use aida?

1 minute ago, leegro said:

how do I use aida?

Download it from the page, use the statistics button on the top left, and press the start test button

That motherboard should be able to handle the power hungry cpu, as long as the power supply can also keep up. It's still possible that vrm temps are causing cpu to throttle though, check system temps using hwinfo64. I'm not exactly sure if the vrm temps are reported by that motherboard however.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

CPU CPU Clock Motherboard Chipset Memory CL-RCD-RP-RAS Score
8x FX-9590 1400 MHz [ TRIAL VERSION ] AMD990FX DDR3-1600 SDRAM 9-9-9-24 CR2 11663

4 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

That motherboard should be able to handle the power hungry cpu, as long as the power supply can also keep up. It's still possible that vrm temps are causing cpu to throttle though, check system temps using hwinfo64. I'm not exactly sure if the vrm temps are reported by that motherboard however.

He wouldnt throttle to the point that the clock speed is about at the third of his max clockspeed.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

5 minutes ago, Blackie Sheen said:

He wouldnt throttle to the point that the clock speed is about at the third of his max clockspeed.

Yeah it shouldn't as long as everything is working correctly. Maybe better to start by clearing cmos if a synthetic workload doesn't bump up frequency.

32 minutes ago, CapitalistVN said:

Thats not really true. A gaming load would at least push core to the maximum frequency

50 minutes ago, leegro said:

hi everyone I have a fx 9590 ( I know it junk lol now) but the speed in which its running at is super low it shows base is 4.7ghz but I'm running at 1.36ghz don't know why if anyone could help I would appreciate it

You should try Prime95 and do a stress test. You would know right away if it truly refuses to boost

1 hour ago, Blackie Sheen said:

Thats not really true. A gaming load would at least push core to the maximum frequency

You should try Prime95 and do a stress test. You would know right away if it truly refuses to boost

8x FX-9590 1400 MHz [ TRIAL VERSION ] AMD990FX DDR3-1600 SDRAM 9-9-9-24 CR2 11663
  this is my aida64

7 minutes ago, leegro said:

this is my aida64

Watch out for the color of your text. I couldnt see the text until I highlighted it. Have you run a test. Have you pressed on this button5ab47c938b4d8_Aida64.thumb.png.d9a5d8b671de3b111b3ee12445e8e792.png

And then on this one to start the test. you shoudl run it for 15 min because nothing in your last post tells me you actually ran a test

5ab47c3e9dca0_Startingstresstestaida.png.3f886bca56c0eae6fd877960beeafc03.png

Ok I'll try this in the morning

If you have a 9590 in anything but a top shelf motherboard you will clock throttle hard or blow the VRM on the motherboard.

MSI 970/990 gaming has bad quality when it comes to VRM's.  I have the 970 version and the VRM is at 60c with an old school Athlon x4 640.  The board has also killed two FX series CPUs with voltage overshoot.