Windows 10 Unable to Install - Memory Issues Blue Screen

Hi, 

I got a new rig a week ago, I was booting off my HDD, when my SSD arrived on friday I installed a fresh copy on it, it was initiallt working fine, but I was booting randomly from the ssd or getting the windows boot manager, so I backed up my HDD personal files, formatted my hdd and tried to keep using my sdd... 

About saturday night I started noticing problems... I got a few firefox tab crashes and a blue screen, I did not record the error I got. 

Sunday I started updating drivers for the motherboard, it was working fine as far as I remember, until late afternoon when I got more and more firefox crashes (Reddit, youtube, facebook, entire browser) until the entire system died. I got a Memory_Management BSOD, I rebooted, got as far the login screen, crashed again. This happened again multiple times with a mix of BSOD messages like memory management, critical process died, tcpip.sys, kernel failure... I did some surface google first and second result troubleshooting, and thinking it was maybe memory issues I tried doing a memory check thing on windows, which seemingly came out clean.

I thought "screw it, fresh install", got the usb stick again, formatted both drives, started installing windows and I had an error like 0xc0000005 when files where loading. I googled some more and decided to try a new bios version, flashed succesfully and kept getting the same error... I moved my ram stick one spot to the left... I got a new USB win 10 stick, got to install the whole thing, then I got a 

System Service Exception; what failed: win32kfull.sys. 

It wouldn't boot after that, I read/saw some troubleshooting involved a slower clock speed on the ram so I tried going for 2133 and 1866, I also managed to install but I got a Kernel Security Check Failure that time.

I'm at a loss, a bit sad, and I don't know what to do next. 

System specs: 

Ryzen 5 1600

Asus 1080 Strix

Gigabyte b350 gaming 3 BIOS f21

Samsung 850 evo 500gb

600 watt psu corsair CX600

1x8GB corsair vengance lpx 2400MHz

[Unplugged 1TB seagate HDD]

I know it says to post crash dumps files with BSOD posts but I'm unable to do anything outside of bios atm. Let me know if any more information is required.

what version of USB are you using for the installation stick? not 3.0 i hope.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Can not be sure but I believe you may have a memory stick that is defective, or a bad connector.

This is just a guest

6 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

what version of USB are you using for the installation stick? not 3.0 i hope.

I may have plugged it on a 3.0 slot but did not use a 3.0 usb

6 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Can not be sure but I believe you may have a memory stick that is defective, or a bad connector.

This is just a guest

I'm a bit illiterate on motherboards, can I switch the ram stick to another slot to shed light on which of the two is more likely to be defective?

17 minutes ago, ScoffMathews said:

I'm a bit illiterate on motherboards, can I switch the ram stick to another slot to shed light on which of the two is more likely to be defective?

yes, try all the slots, if memory errors continue then the stick is probably your culprit

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Alright then, i'll status update after trying. Thanks!

If you get a new memory and you find that everything is back to normal. 

You can then RMA ( return of material authorization ) your old stick back to the manufacturer.  Most memory have lifetime warranty, and it`s free of charge. 

Go to the Corsair web site and look for warranty and RMA 

Good luck

Status update: 

Either all ram slots are dead, or my ram stick is. 

30 minutes ago, Zmax said:

If you get a new memory and you find that everything is back to normal. 

You can then RMA ( return of material authorization ) your old stick back to the manufacturer.  Most memory have lifetime warranty, and it`s free of charge. 

Go to the Corsair web site and look for warranty and RMA 

Good luck

Oh shit, that might have been way smarter than what I did... I bought it with amazon prime so I requested a replacement from amazon... should arrive sometime tomorrow, your solution was probably faster and less boring for me today.

1 hour ago, ScoffMathews said:

Status update: 

Either all ram slots are dead, or my ram stick is. 

Oh shit, that might have been way smarter than what I did... I bought it with amazon prime so I requested a replacement from amazon... should arrive sometime tomorrow, your solution was probably faster and less boring for me today.

RMA are very slow. So your slolution is much better .