Assist me in connecting to my 5.0 ghz network

silvinodino

Hey guys. Here is a youtube video explaining the problem I am having. I just got this wireless adapter off Amazon and would like to use it to it's full potential. https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1900-Adapter-PCE-AC68/dp/B00F42V83C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I don't know what Router I have, it was a stock one that Cox provided.

Video:

"Ravioli Ravioli give me the Formuoli"

Is the password for the 5Ghz network different than the 2.4Ghz network? You could also try changing the SSID of the 5GHz network to something not as close to 2.4GHz network.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

5 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Is the password for the 5Ghz network different than the 2.4Ghz network? You could also try changing the SSID of the 5GHz network to something not as close to 2.4GHz network.

Passwords same.

5g.png

"Ravioli Ravioli give me the Formuoli"

You could try changing the channel of your 5GHz network. Each of them uses a different range of frequencies, so maybe the current one you have is not completely compatible with your adapter.

Id try to reinstall the Wireless Adapter driver. Windows 10 has issues with WiFI, I dont know why, maybe because its a pile of dog shit. If you can, try to connect to 5Ghz with another device, just to rule out the router as the issue. I have a feeling its Windows 10 being Windows 10. Another option is to restart the modem/router from Cox, it could be just a glitch, ive seen that happen with WiFi as well. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.