PC Stuttering help please !

GGscott999

Hi guys, I need your help as my pc has been stuttering by where the computer will freeze every other second until I restart. Usually when I restart my pc it will not happen again as long as I do not go afk and let the pc hibernate. I was told to change my psu as my friend had the same problem but it has not made any difference. Please help, thank you.

Specs:

Gpu - GTX 670

Psu - Corsair CX750M

Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-VLX

Ram - 8Gb

Cpu - i5-3570k 3.40GHz

Hard drives - two 500gb

Operating System - Windows 7

This is what I would do but I'm no expert.

Take everything out of the case apart from the bare minimum and start the pc. 1GB ram and the like. See how it goes.

If it works start adding bits back until the problem comes back. You should have your answer.

If the problem is still there with 1GB of ram swap it for another.

If the problem is still there swap out the GPU.

Go from there.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I had the same issue some time ago,just way worse(it would freeze all the time,no matter what).It seemed to be some corrupted Windows files.

Have you tried booting into safe mode?Was it OK there?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Try making sure that performance mode is enabled in windows?
fresh copy of windows?

I had the same issue some time ago,just way worse(it would freeze all the time,no matter what).It seemed to be some corrupted Windows files.

Have you tried booting into safe mode?Was it OK there?

I have reset windows multiple times... :( and no luck

fresh copy of windows?

Will try this thank you.

I'm going to throw another suggestion into the pit here, Check Your Drivers!

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I'm going to throw another suggestion into the pit here, Check Your Drivers!

Just doing this now xD

Managed to do anything?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

A very easy and simple way to find/correct courupt windows files is by using the built in SFC scanner.

Open a command promp as Admin

type in "SFC /SCANNOW" 

let that run

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

A very easy and simple way to find/correct courupt windows files is by using the built in SFC scanner.

type in "SFC /SCANNOW" 

let that run

Thanks i will do this now. xD

Managed to do anything?

not sure yet buddy going to have to find out in the morning when i turn my PC back on xD

type in "SFC /SCANNOW" 

let that run

Tried it last night and no corrupted files were found... still stuttered this morning when I turned on my PC... :(

fresh copy of windows?

Didn't make any difference. Thanks for contributing though xD

try removing things one at a time and running the computer between each removal to see if the stuttering is still there replace the item and try the next component. granted there are some things you cant test such as Mobo, PSU, hdd etc the critical components but ram, gfx, add on cards can all be tested. 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

try removing things one at a time and running the computer between each removal to see if the stuttering is still there replace the item and try the next component. granted there are some things you cant test such as Mobo, PSU, hdd etc the critical components but ram, gfx, add on cards can all be tested. 

I think this is what i am going to have to try thanks xD

I think this is what i am going to have to try thanks xD

its a long process and it sucks but hey might find the issue :)

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Does you HDDs go crazy just after stuttering? It could be bad sectors on HDDs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Made sure your memory is correctly set up in the bios?

I think I have found the problem to my stuttering issue. I just need to fix it. So far I bought a cheap £30 CPU to test and the pc was working fine no stutters until the next day after installing, that is why i'm now buying a motherboard to test and if it is not that then I will send it back and I guess it will be the cpu...  I will also test the i5 in the new motherboard to see 100% what it is. thank you for your help and I will let you guys know if this fixes the problem.

type in "SFC /SCANNOW" 

let that run

I think I have found the problem to my stuttering issue. I just need to fix it. So far I bought a cheap £30 CPU to test and the pc was working fine no stutters until the next day after installing, that is why i'm now buying a motherboard to test and if it is not that then I will send it back and I guess it will be the cpu...  I will also test the i5 in the new motherboard to see 100% what it is. thank you for your help and I will let you know if this fixes the problem.

its a long process and it sucks but hey might find the issue :)

I think I have found the problem to my stuttering issue. I just need to fix it. So far I bought a cheap £30 CPU to test and the pc was working fine no stutters until the next day after installing, that is why i'm now buying a motherboard to test and if it is not that then I will send it back and I guess it will be the cpu...  I will also test the i5 in the new motherboard to see 100% what it is. thank you for your help and I will let you know if this fixes the problem.