How to view USB drive in task manager like any other hard drive?

Hello people of the internet!

I just have a quick question today, that quick question being: How can I view a USB drive (thumb stick, flash drive, whatever you call it) in the performance section of task manager just like you would see any other hard drive?  I would like to be able to see how fast it's being read/written to and other various info on it.

image.png.fd69e6c2f80d7bfd0c17383e95bfaa53.pngWould like to be able to view it just like I can right there.

I appreciate any assistance provided. 

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

Not sure if it's possible, flash drives are viewed as a different storage medium by windows. It places certain restrictions on them. If you plug in a backup drive however I do believe that would show up, not too sure however

1 minute ago, Olroy1234 said:

Not sure if it's possible, flash drives are viewed as a different storage medium by windows. It places certain restrictions on them. If you plug in a backup drive however I do believe that would show up, not too sure however

I have had another low quality flash drive that for some reason appeared in TM even though others of the exact same flash drive didn't so I'm not sure if I did something with it in the past that caused that... no way to find out really.

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Macboi said:

I have had another low quality flash drive that for some reason appeared in TM even though others of the exact same flash drive didn't so I'm not sure if I did something with it in the past that caused that... no way to find out really.

Interesting, yeah as I suspected I checked my PC and my backup drive (G drive) shows up but my USB key (which is rather large too, 128GB) which is my "H drive" doesnt show up 

c6ff1ee8fc9042fbe6bac87114b8c9fb.jpg

19 minutes ago, Olroy1234 said:

Interesting, yeah as I suspected I checked my PC and my backup drive (G drive) shows up but my USB key (which is rather large too, 128GB) which is my "H drive" doesnt show up 

c6ff1ee8fc9042fbe6bac87114b8c9fb.jpg

Odd... it would be a very neat thing to have especially with the large size USBs that we all are using these days.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Macboi said:

Odd... it would be a very neat thing to have especially with the large size USBs that we all are using these days.

Idk, maybe. I'd rather microsoft work on improving the user experience and stability of windows 10 than spend time implementing features like this haha. USB keys are still primarily used for just transferring files, which windows explorer's copy system shows you the drive performance anyway so there's no need for task manager to show it too. Most of the time it would be at 0 anyway

20 minutes ago, OLROY said:

Idk, maybe. I'd rather microsoft work on improving the user experience and stability of windows 10 than spend time implementing features like this haha. USB keys are still primarily used for just transferring files, which windows explorer's copy system shows you the drive performance anyway so there's no need for task manager to show it too. Most of the time it would be at 0 anyway

Very true.

Spoiler

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, Macboi said:

Hello people of the internet!

I just have a quick question today, that quick question being: How can I view a USB drive (thumb stick, flash drive, whatever you call it) in the performance section of task manager just like you would see any other hard drive?  I would like to be able to see how fast it's being read/written to and other various info on it.

image.png.fd69e6c2f80d7bfd0c17383e95bfaa53.pngWould like to be able to view it just like I can right there.

I appreciate any assistance provided. 

https://youtu.be/k71T37P5dFk

it's pretty easy, actually.