How to transfer photos from one laptop to another?

So my mom has 2 MacBook airs and one of them has 2600 photos on it which are all on her iCloud Drive but for some reason won’t  back up to her time machine backup. Is there any way to get them onto her other laptop either through iCloud Drive or some laptop to laptop transfer.

BTW I HATE IPHOTO.

sorry just a little salty as on Windows there’s just a folder called photos. Sorry

Can't you log into the same icloud account on the second machine and just download them? Will take a century depending on your connection but is a 'no-brainer' to me.

Also: USB-Stick??

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

External USB HDD, preferably the small ones that do not need a power brick.

I tried

18 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Can't you log into the same icloud account on the second machine and just download them? Will take a century depending on your connection but is a 'no-brainer' to me.

Also: USB-Stick??

You can only download 1 photo at a time. And you cant export your library. It comes up with a ton of errors

You tried and what happened?  You need to format the disk in HFS or Fat 32 to make it work right on a Mac

Also, there is a folder with the photos in it on the Mac, it works like OneDrive except it goes to iCloud.

24 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

You tried and what happened?  You need to format the disk in HFS or Fat 32 to make it work right on a Mac

Also, there is a folder with the photos in it on the Mac, it works like OneDrive except it goes to iCloud.

On my moms backup i just found a file called iphoto library thats 33.4gb i think thats it lol. Thanks??

On 11/03/2018 at 9:32 PM, KarathKasun said:

External USB HDD, preferably the small ones that do not need a power brick.

You would be better setting up a network share and using the network to transfer the files. Saving buying a drive and you're only writing the images once.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

19 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

You would be better setting up a network share and using the network to transfer the files. Saving buying a drive and you're only writing the images once.

I have a feeling that the external drive will be the most reliable way to make backups in the future.

Have you tried using SSH?

Never used MacBooks before, but what are you gonna do with a 2nd laptop?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

It’s called Airdrop

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 3/18/2018 at 10:51 AM, DrMacintosh said:

It’s called Airdrop

I totally forgot about that  xD

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)