Need help to purchase

I was checking Amazon the other day looking for a laptop and I stumbled with this one:

The HP Pavilion Power GTX 1050 Gaming Laptop

This are the specs according with the seller:

Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Processor, Quad-Core, 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz.

Video graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated).

Display: 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit.

Memory: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM.

Hard drive: 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 solid-state drive and 1TB 7200RPM Serial ATA

I was reading the reviews, I watched some videos but they haven't been that helpful. I kinda like this laptop, I'm on a really tight budget at the moment, but I think this is an affordable laptop that can suit my needs. I work with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign, some web coding, IT stuff and I like playing games a lot, but nothing that demanding, mostly retro games and a really old MMORPG called Ragnarok Online 2, so I was hoping that you guys could tell me if this is a good choice.

I personally think that this is a good choice for your needs, put if you're gonna do more demanding gaming on specs, you're gonna need to get a better GPU, but for your needs this laptop is great

Yes, this would be a temporary solution, my old PC is from 2012 and I'm moving out of the country, so I can't buy a pre-built desktop, Thanks!

It depends on what you do in Photoshop or InDesign, for instance if you design very high resolution artwork, you might run out of RAM, but otherwise it should run all those older games and even most newer ones at 1080p, but at low/medium settings.

There's an option to upgrade to a 16gb Ram and a GTX1050Ti, I guess that one could be better

Don't get it, bad exhaust design causing issues. What's your budget and what are your requirements? Also, could you provide some links of online stores in your country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Budget: $1000 TOPS (but less would be better), Requirements: Enough to handle Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign, some web coding and 1080p gaming if possible I'm not picky about FPS, I'm buying on amazon because they can deliver to my country (Uruguay)

You need a good display, a fast CPU and at least MX150 GPU.

8250U/8550U+MX150:

Acer Swift 3 - entry level IPS panel

Acer Aspire 5 17

HP Envy x360 - entry level IPS panel

Acer Aspire 5 15 - entry level IPS panel

Asus Vivobook Pro N705UN - OKish build quality, OKish keyboard, mediocre battery life

Asus UX331UN, Lenovo Ideapad 720S, HP Envy 13 - good in almost every aspects, but the 8W variant of MX150 is only slightly faster than 940MX

GTX 1050:

Lenovo Yoga 720 15 (slightly over budget)

Acer Spin 5, Nitro 5 Spin

Or do you need 1050TI?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Hi, well 1050ti is not a MUST, but it could help having a better graphics card, anyways I now have some better options with all you gave me, thanks a lot man!!!